Topic: drop shadows

I've been able to remove drop shadows on text with the new version of juicebox without having to edit the css file. However, the text drop shadows reappear on an iphone/itouch rendering in the gallery views specific to those formats. How can I remove those? I assume I need to go back into the css?

Thanks
Bob

Re: drop shadows

Try setting the textShadowColor opacity to 0, e.g. textShadowColor="rgba(0,0,0,0)".
This works in both Large Screen Mode and Small Screen Mode in my own test gallery.
Make sure that you clear your browser's cache after making any changes and before reloading your gallery to ensure that your browser does not use an older version of your gallery's XML file.

I did not find any entries for textShadowColor in the theme.css file. I did find several items for text-shadow with rgba values and I changed all of those to (0,0,0,0). This did not seem to correct the problem when viewed on my itouch (I did clear the Safari cache before checking).

I'm not sure I'm following your instructions properly - can you clarify where this parameter is set and exactly how to do it?

Also, for some reason I have not been receiving email notices recently to postings I am subscribed to so I have to periodically check for a reply. I used to get these but in the last several weeks I don't get them. Any thoughts about this?

Thanks
Bob

the textShadowColor option would be in your galleries XML file not the CSS file.

can you clarify where this parameter is set and exactly how to do it?

You can change the opacity of the textShadowColor (to zero) in the 'Customize -> Color' section of JuiceboxBuilder-Pro.
Otherwise, you can add an entry such as textShadowColor="rgba(0,0,0,0)" directly into your gallery's XML file (as an attribute to the opening <juiceboxgallery> tag).

Also, for some reason I have not been receiving email notices recently to postings I am subscribed to so I have to periodically check for a reply. I used to get these but in the last several weeks I don't get them. Any thoughts about this?

The forum email system seems to be working OK for myself. I have been getting email notifications daily.
Check that your email address is OK in the 'Profile -> Identity' section and check that your subscription settings are OK in the 'Profile -> Settings' section. Also, check your email account's junk/spam folder in case the emails have been redirected to there.

I have been setting textShadowColor to zero in the Customize->Color section of JuiceboxBuilder-Pro since getting the new version. And I confirmed that as a result there is already a textShadowColor=rgba(0,0,0,0) entry in the xml file.

However, this is not eliminating the drop shadow on my itouch, specifically in the image numbers below the images. It does eliminate the drop shadows everywhere else, but not there. On my computer the image numbers are fine, but not on the iphone/itouch.

Also, I did check my settings in my profile and the email is correct and the messages have not been going to spam. I changed the setting to automatically subscribe to posts I make so I'll see if that helps.

Thanks
Bob

However, this is not eliminating the drop shadow on my itouch, specifically in the image numbers below the images.

Setting the opacity of the textShadowColor to zero works for me. It removes the shadow from all text (including the image numbers) in both Large Screen Mode (in desktop browsers) and Small Screen Mode (on my iPod Touch).
Make sure that you are using the latest version of Juicebox-Pro (v1.3.1). Please see the Upgrading Juicebox page if necessary.
Also, try clearing your browser's cache before reloading your gallery to see if this makes a difference.
If you continue to experience difficulties, please post the URL of your gallery so that I can take a look.

Alternatively, you could search through the 'jbcore/classic/theme.css' file and remove all the lines which contain the term 'text-shadow' but this should not be necessary.

Hmmm... I am using JB 1.3.1 and I have gone into Settings on my itouch and cleared the cache on safari before checking. I confirmed that my textShadowColor value in the xml file is rgba(0,0,0,0).

At one point I went through the css file and set all the values for items containing text-shadow to (0,0,0,0) [rather than removing them]. Interesting, they all had a non-zerop a value even though I had set a 0 opacity to text shadow color in juicebox builder. But this also did not seem to make a difference.

Here is the url where I still see drop shadows just for the image number in the galleries:

http://www.caitlinmccaffreystudio.com/c … d/food.htm

Can you take a look and see if you see what I see?

Thanks
Bob

Thank you for providing the URL to your gallery.
I do see the shadow on the image number in your gallery.
On further investigation, it appears that the textShadowColor configuration option is not respected when the gallery is expanded fullscreen (from a Splash Page or by using the Expand button in an embedded gallery which does not use a Splash Page). My test gallery was a 100% x 100% gallery which is why I did not see the problem earlier.
I have logged a bug report and hopefully this will be fixed in the next version of Juicebox-Pro.

This bug has now been fixed in v1.3.2. Please see the Version History for a full list of changes and the Upgrading Juicebox page for details on how to get the latest version.