Topic: captions - refresh IPTC data on existing gallery

I dont want to loose the order of the images in an existing gallery but at the same time I have updated the IPTC data and want captions to reflect that. Currently the gallery has no captions.

When I open the gallery and choose show IPTC data for captions it shows the captions which were in the file at the time of the original import.

How can I update them?

thanks

Re: captions - refresh IPTC data on existing gallery

Did you try Setting 'Captions' to 'None' and then back to 'IPTC'?

Yes, I just tried it again

I also tried closing juicebox and reopening it and trying afresh

I prefer not to regenerate the entire gallery because it is way more convenient to get dreamweaver to synchronize the folder and just upload the 2-3 data files, rather than it deciding that all the jpegs and thumbs are new also and need uploading too

I also prefer to change the iptc captions rather than typing them in juicebox - saves me retyping if I ever reuse the images or make another gallery with the same pics

thanks

I am presently generating a new gallery and just lifting and folding the configuration files into my main web gallery folder - as a fix  - but that is subject operator error (ie put the wrong files in the wrong gallery when tired etc) and the ability to edit the actual gallery within the site structure is what is so nice about Juicebox -and that is not happening now

As the gallery's XML file will not be re-saved until you re-save the complete gallery on the 'Publish' tab, there is no way to regenerate only the XML file without all the other gallery files.
What you are currently doing is probably the best workaround: create a copy of your gallery, update your titles and captions, save the gallery and then copy and paste the 'config.xml' file into your original gallery folder that Dreamweaver is aware of.