Topic: small screen like configuration for big screens

On 1,3 are we able to configure behavior like small screen without sliding transitions?

What I want to do is to have a page of thumbnails and no enlarged selected picture. When I click a thumb I want to go to full sized single image screen (from which of course one can navigate forward and back until hitting the thumbnails view again)

I get this when using small screen only but the sliding images on high resolution screen are rather overpowering and this is unusable in my view.

So I would either like to change those transitions to nothing - or to remove the larger image when thumbs are shown and each thumb should take me to an enlarged single image page. Second option would of course be best since it would not contradict standard behavior on phones

This variation is one of the most basic classic gallery configurations and if it cannot be achieved right now - it should added to the list of juicebox options. 

thanks

Re: small screen like configuration for big screens

On 1,3 are we able to configure behavior like small screen without sliding transitions?

No. In Small Screen Mode, the imageTransitionType defaults to SLIDE.

So I would either like to change those transitions to nothing

This is not possible in Small Screen Mode (where imageTransitionType will always be SLIDE, which is the transition  which best matches the swipe gesture on mobile devices).

or to remove the larger image when thumbs are shown

This is possible only by setting screenMode="SMALL".

and each thumb should take me to an enlarged single image page.

It is not possible to link thumbnail images to unique URLs.

This variation is one of the most basic classic gallery configurations and if it cannot be achieved right now - it should added to the list of juicebox options.

Please post suggestions in the Feature Requests forum thread. It keeps them all together and ensures that they are not overlooked.

Glad I'm not the only one with feature request for non-slide transition in small mode ;-) Or is there allready a way to accomplish this somewhere somehow Steve? Because you mention the "transition defaults to 'slide' in small mode". Can we disable the default somehow? I'm willing to pay 20,- for a solution that gives me cross-fade in small mode.

Can we disable the default somehow?

No. This is hard-coded into the 'juicebox.js' file which is obfuscated and cannot be modified.
The imageTransitionType configuration option can be changed only for Large Screen Mode and Mouse Input Mode (not for Small Screen Mode or Touch Input Mode).
Thank you for posting your suggestion in the Feature Requests thread, though.

5 (edited by Jensio 2013-05-21 16:57:58)

Thanks for your answer Steve.  Not to be whining but can you give an indication if it will be, or can be incorperated as an option in a future version of Juicebox?

I genuinely do not know. However, the developers do read the suggestions in the Feature Request forum thread and many have been implemented. A large number of the new features introduced in Juicebox v1.3.0 started off as suggestions from users.