Topic: button colors ignored in IE

I have just upgraded from 1.2 and appreciate the new vector symbols but have a problem them not working in IE

Here on http://www.philipchudy.com/transportation/index.html#1 the dont show up in IE - but all is fine in other browsers

I prefer just the symbol as grey on white background but when it did not show up I made the background pale grey  - but they still dont display

I did a small amount of customizing of the font and checked the doc type in the html

Appreciate  any suggestions - thanks

Re: button colors ignored in IE

Try re-saving your font files with the IcoMoon App.
I loaded your 'juicebox.svg' file into the App, re-saved the font (without making any modifications), put the necessary font files into the 'jbcore/classic/fonts/' folder and the icons appeared correctly in IE10.

Hi  -When I preview the gallery in IE locally on my machines it displays fine but when I upload the galleries to a site they dont work any more. Here is a gallery done with 1.3 which behaves thusly with IE on windows7  http://www.philipchudy.com/transportation/index.html#1

I tried your suggestions above with iconmoon quite  a number of times and ways (editing the symbols in Illustrator as well as just tweaking them in iconmoon - just to be sure it was not something I was introducing externally.

....everything is fine in safari and firefox

appreciated

I have just created a sample test album using exactly the same configuration options that your own gallery uses.
I then loaded your 'juicebox.svg' file into the IcoMoon App, re-saved the font (without making any modifications), put the necessary font files into the 'jbcore/classic/fonts/' folder and uploaded the gallery here [test album removed]. The icons display fine in IE10 for me.

When I preview the gallery in IE locally on my machines it displays fine but when I upload the galleries to a site they dont work any more.

It sounds like your problem occurs when you upload the font files to your web server. Perhaps the font files are becoming corrupt during the upload process.
Make sure you upload the files as binary rather than ASCII in your FTP program.

I am at a loss as to what is going on. I have tried uploading and so on every way I can think of. Here is the latest test http://www.motorimageworks.com/t/#1

I did everything default on iconmoon  and it showed no error messages

I downloaded the original left and right symbols and changed the arrows to delta shapes and uploaded them to icon moon.
this works in IE perfectly well if I open it locally

But it does not display any of the symbols when I view it on the server.

Surely if the ftp method was not correct it would not work with all browsers and the images would not have been transferred

Earlier I also tried duplicating the existing 'play' delta shape play symbol in iconmoon and reversing and shrinking both to make my preferred arrow shapes. I did that so as to avoid uploading and downloading half way through the process iconmoon  - the same effect

I also tried uploading the unchanged svg file from the original juicebox install and putting it on the server and that would not show up either. The server was configured to accept SVG files a while back.

I asked 2 people to test the above link for me with IE and both claimed to get a blank screen with zero showing up

The symbols and pages show up fine on all other browsers on my machine  -  both on and off server

Oh and the example you uploaded earlier in the test gallery worked fine for me here with IE

Is there some kind of security thing in IE which is being triggered on some servers and not others?

appreciate any help

this works in IE perfectly well if I open it locally

But it does not display any of the symbols when I view it on the server.

This is what made me think the problem was occurring during upload.
If I download your font files and use them in a test gallery, the problem occurs so there seems to be a problem with the font files on your web server. However, as your font files function OK locally before you upload them (and also when I regenerate your font files using the IcoMoon App), this would suggest that the font files coming directly from IcoMoon are OK.
Try uploading using a different FTP program (such as Filezilla) and ensure that the method of transfer is binary. This works for me.

thanks

I use filezilla most of the time and did for the last test gallery. I initially did not have functionality on that server for sgv files till I asked the ISP to activate support for that file type. I will try ask them again if there is some strange thing going on now. I wonder if this is a bug in IE - perhaps I can pose the question somewhere on that.

If I dont get joy soon from these parties, would you be willing to ul your earlier test content to a folder on my server if I supply an ftp login?  We could confirm whether it is sever of upload, perhaps

Here is something interesting:  I downloaded the test gallery from my server (ipower) and uploaded the precise same gallery to another http://derekgardner.com/t/#1

Checking that gallery out on IE here gives me the slide show and show thumbs icons.

Ipower tech support had nothing to say but created a support ticket.

It looks like the problem might be caused by incorrect or missing MIME types on your original web server.
For example, If I try to access the 'juicebox.eot' file directly from your original web server, my browser displays the content as text.
However, if I try to access the 'juicebox.eot' file directly from your new web server, my browser asks if I would like to download the file.
(The files are treated differently on the two servers.)
Hopefully your original web host can sort the problem out for you.

Many thanks - I will put that to them  - they already had to allow mime type svg some months ago so that sounds credible

Otherwise I was thinking it might be to do with cloudflare

will report any progress

The problem has to be caused by cloudflare. If you point IE at http://www.direct.motorimageworks.com/t/#1 (which bypasses cloudflare) instead of http://www.motorimageworks.com/t/#1, the problem goes away and IE works fine with the logos.

I have passed on your observation about mime type handling differences to cloudflare and await their response

Well just for update - I cant really say that it was cloudflare since comcast caches the internet - so I often do not get to see my site updates even if I empty the local cache. So the prior observation that bypassing cloudflare worked is not absolutely  definitive .

That said, although my isp wont admit is, I suspect something changed there - or cloudflare perhaps and today it all seems to work fine on IE via whatever server.

strange but thanks for help with this