Topic: saturation

the imported pictures lose saturation in juicebox pro builder ...
what can I do ?

Re: saturation

There are no parameters within JuiceboxBuilder-Pro which would allow any control over this.
The best thing to do would be to prevent JuiceboxBuilder-Pro from resizing your images by deselecting the 'Resize Images' checkbox in the 'Image Size' control panel on the 'Images Tab'.
JuiceboxBuilder-Pro will then simply copy your original images across to the gallery folder and Juicebox-Pro will use them when displaying your gallery.

Juicebox-Pro should not alter the image saturation. Can you email an example image for us to look at?

We have also seeinng some color saturation issues taking place with about 20% of the pic that are being pulled in from Aperture to JB (on a Mac)

It's strange -s ome remain the same (comparing the original in Aperture vs the same pic pulled in JB) while other show the unmistakable effect of being 'washed out'.   I cannot seem to correlate with any known picture settings.

Is it possible that the algorithm that cuts down the pic sizes, has a numerical error that is changing the color distribution?

It's hard to test this issue without some example images. If you find this is a problem then you could create your images in Aperture then when you import them in JuiceboxBuilder, turn of 'Resize Images'. This will preserve the original image files.

Thaks Felix.  That is a good suggestion.   We are setting up a Sandbox gallery to try and optimize the software for ourt particular needs.  I will feedback anything I find.

is it possible that the resize is stripping out any ICC profiles embedded in the image? web images should be saved as srgb and no embedded ICC profile.