Topic: Search Site Options vs SEO

With the new search engine optimization, I thought I would be able to use something like Google Search for business websites..  I tried it, and I did a search for names of my photos, but Google Search test doesn't find anything.  Is the new seo feature supposed to work for this as well?  I see that in the index file, the NO SCRIPT section lists the searchable images and descriptions, etc... but I would think that Google Search should find that, but it's not. 

http://www.google.com/enterprise/search … s_gss.html   is what I went to for testing search button.  All other things on my site come up, but still nothing on the new gallery test.

Any thoughts?   Could the google search be avoiding the NO SCRIPT area??  If so, is google really SEO friendly on this new SEO index page? 

Thanks..

Re: Search Site Options vs SEO

It may take some time for Google to index your new Juicebox-Pro gallery.
In some cases, it may take up to 4 weeks before it shows up in Google search results.

3 (edited by artwindows 2013-05-01 15:03:51)

Steven wrote:

It may take some time for Google to index your new Juicebox-Pro gallery.
In some cases, it may take up to 4 weeks before it shows up in Google search results.

I realize that for googles regular search, but on the search that one would put on a website to search just that site, doesn't it go directly to that site at that time and do the search? I would think it would work that way instead of using googles database of tracked information which does take a while.

You know what I'm referring to, right?  Thanks.

The method Juicebox uses to incorporate SEO data has been tested and seems to work well with our demo SEO gallery here.
Take a look at the source of the page in a browser and try the Google demo search with http://juicebox.net and some terms from within the <noscript> section. The page for the demo SEO gallery should be displayed in the results.

on the search that one would put on a website to search just that site, doesn't it go directly to that site at that time and do the search?

I do not know. Perhaps it does take time and works only with sites which have already been indexed.

Steven wrote:

The method Juicebox uses to incorporate SEO data has been tested and seems to work well with our demo SEO gallery here.
Take a look at the source of the page in a browser and try the Google demo search with http://juicebox.net and some terms from within the <noscript> section. The page for the demo SEO gallery should be displayed in the results.

on the search that one would put on a website to search just that site, doesn't it go directly to that site at that time and do the search?

I do not know. Perhaps it does take time and works only with sites which have already been indexed.

Yes, it did work on your page..  so apparently, Google Page Search must still only pick up what's been scanned by Google previously..  I thought it would make more sense for Google Site Search to go right to the source and bypass waiting for google to categorize it.  Well, should still work good at least after the pages get indexed..  I'm always changing them, that's the problem.. :)

I'm always changing them, that's the problem.. :)

Let the engines know the content is often changing.
.htaccess , sitemap.xml & meta tag for last updated.  I've found that after while, the robots visit more often.

Thanks.. I'll keep that in mind .. :)