1 (edited by arachnid 2013-04-27 15:42:38)

Topic: Experiences with Juicebox 1.3

Path to jbCore folder and juicebox.js:
The path to the jbcore folder has to be a relative path in relation to the page else the fonts are not displayed. You will get numbers.

IE8: The font symbols are a square and not round

FirstImageIndex
The gallery start at picture two and not one when the gallery loads

BackgroundUrl:
Background picture is not displayed, I load the background picture in the new juicebox. It is displayed for a split second and disappears.

Re: Experiences with Juicebox 1.3

Path to jbCore folder and juicebox.js:
The path to the jbcore folder has to be a relative path in relation to the page else the fonts are not displayed. You will get numbers.

Are you able to provide an example of this? I have used an absolute path to the 'juicebox.js' file and also a path with a leading slash but have been unable to replicate this problem.

IE8: The font symbols are a square and not round

This is a known issue with IE8 which we are currently investigating.

FirstImageIndex
The gallery start at picture two and not one when the gallery loads

I am unable to replicate this issue. Setting firstImageIndex="1" in a Juicebox-Pro v1.3.0 test gallery initially displays the first image as expected. Can you please provide an example of this issue? Thanks.

BackgroundUrl:
Background picture is not displayed, I load the background picture in the new juicebox. It is displayed for a split second and disappears.

This issue has already been addressed and will be fixed in the next version of Juicebox-Pro.

3 (edited by arachnid 2013-04-30 13:44:20)

Hi Steven,

see http://afrika.delosgaia.nl/visit_to_mad … ivo2.htm#2 for both issues

config.xml is located at:
http://afrika.delosgaia.nl/design4/gall … config.xml

regards
Hans

The page http://afrika.delosgaia.nl/visit_to_mad … ivo2.htm#2 is removed

The first problem is likely to be due to your gallery's 'jbcore' folder being hosted on a different subdomain to the page containing your gallery's JavaScript embedding code. All gallery files should be on the same domain or subdomain as the JavaScript embedding code. Try hosting the 'jbcore' folder on your http://afrika.delosgaia.nl subdomain.

With regard to the second image being the first one displayed, the link you provided has a #2 at the end of it signifying that Juicebox should go directly to the second image.

When viewing your web page, I sometimes see only a slim AutoPlay Juicebox gallery.
Other times I load your page, I see a completely different Juicebox gallery with thumbnails.
Another time, both galleries were displayed with a map at the bottom of the page (same computer, same browser, same monitor).
Your web page is not being rendered consistently and, as I cannot always view the gallery in question, it is difficult to try to determine the problem.

However, I have not been able to replicate the problem using the configuration options from the XML file whose URL you posted above.
Try viewing your own gallery on a page of its own (by placing a 'jbcore' folder and a stock 'index.html' file inside your gallery folder and opening the 'index.html' file in a browser) to see if the first or second image is initially displayed.

Also, as you have set changeImageOnHover="TRUE", make sure that your cursor is not in the thumbnail area when the gallery loads (or the image corresponding to the thumbnail that the cursor is over will be displayed).

5 (edited by arachnid 2013-04-30 13:53:19)

Yes, this is the solution but I see this is a problem with 1.3. I have used this all the time with the previous Juicebox.net. I am using a local cdn named data.delosgaia.nl and this is working fine for all my javascript and CSS files.

Steven wrote:

The first problem is likely to be due to your gallery's 'jbcore' folder being hosted on a different subdomain to the page containing your gallery's JavaScript embedding code. All gallery files should be on the same domain or subdomain as the JavaScript embedding code. Try hosting the 'jbcore' folder on your http://afrika.delosgaia.nl subdomain.

My page is rendering perfectly it has a horizontal slider (Coda-slider) and #2 is page two. But I have changed it from #2 into #b. The page has three parts, when you click at the text Verslag you will get three options.

#a ==> autoplay gallery
#b ==> juicebox gallery
#c ==> google map

Yes, this is the solution but I don't like this at all, Juicebox variables are interfering with the other functions in my website. I don't use the backbutton URL and I am not interested in direct linking.

How can I turn this option completely off

With regard to the second image being the first one displayed, the link you provided has a #2 at the end of it signifying that Juicebox should go directly to the second image.

When viewing your web page, I sometimes see only a slim AutoPlay Juicebox gallery.
Other times I load your page, I see a completely different Juicebox gallery with thumbnails.
Another time, both galleries were displayed with a map at the bottom of the page (same computer, same browser, same monitor).
Your web page is not being rendered consistently and, as I cannot always view the gallery in question, it is difficult to try to determine the problem.

Yes, this is the solution but I see this is a problem with 1.3. I have used this all the time with the previous Juicebox.net. I am using a local cdn named data.delosgaia.nl and this is working fine for all my javascript and CSS files.

It looks like there is a cross-domain/subdomain issue with loading fonts.
Please see the accepted answer to the question in this forum thread for a possible solution.

This is not possible. Juicebox-Pro now enables the # identifier automatically to allow social sharing of a specific image.

7 (edited by arachnid 2013-04-30 16:30:44)

Steven wrote:
Hans wrote:

This is not possible. Juicebox-Pro now enables the # identifier automatically to allow social sharing of a specific image.

OK, fine, no problem. But please make it unique and not just a number. example: #juicebox1

Steven wrote:

It looks like there is a cross-domain/subdomain issue with loading fonts...
Please see the accepted answer to the question in this forum thread for a possible solution...

OK, thanks for the info. I'll keep your informed