Topic: Flickr links in description

I noticed that on my DRAFT page (3 photos, 3rd photo: Word is Photo Gallery) at: http://www.uas.alaska.edu/sandbox/junea … ex-jb.html that sometimes/sometimes not the link is navigational while more reliable in full-screen. When creating links in Flickr description areas is there something I can do to make them more reliable?

Also, can I change the Juicebox display so that captions will show only if provided while navigation will only show upon rollover?

Thanks for any help one might give.

Re: Flickr links in description

A Flickr description such as the following should work fine:

Text <a href="http://www.example.com/">Link</a>

I have just created a test gallery using the above line as a Flickr description in one of my images.
The gallery uses exactly the same configuration options as your gallery (other than your Flickr entries) and the link in the caption display and functions correctly.

Check the CSS on your page to make sure that there are no generalized CSS rules which your gallery will inherit.
I notice in your 'bootstrap.css' page that there are CSS rules that apply to all <a> tags on your page, including those in your gallery. Check your other CSS files for similar entries and try temporarily removing them to see if it makes a difference.

Also, can I change the Juicebox display so that captions will show only if provided while navigation will only show upon rollover?

If you position your captions anywhere other than on the overlay, (e.g. BELOW_IMAGE, BOTTOM or BELOW THUMBS), then they will be always be displayed whereas the main image navigation buttons (which are on the overlay) will still be displayed only when the user hovers over the gallery.

I noticed that in Flickr when I place a link, as you suggested and save the page then go back in and view it's formated as:

Visit the UAS <a href="http://www.uas.alaska.edu/gallery" rel="nofollow">Photo Gallery.</a>

I removed all css rules (bootstrap.css) from the page and republished to: http://uas.alaska.edu/sandbox/juneau_ca … o-css.html and still the link is not coming through. Any other ideas?

I noticed that when viewed on a tablet (iPad) that when I rotated from vert/horiz that I was loosing the ability to come out of full-screen mode. After adding: <meta content="yes" name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable"/> to the header this was resolved.

Getting Flickr links to work would be great and would wrap up all the issues I was once having. Could it be some setting in JuiceboxBuilder Pro that I'm missing?

On further investigation, it looks like the problem you are experiencing is caused by a bug whereby links in captions do not always function correctly when setting captionPosition="OVERLAY_IMAGE" (and do not function at all when setting captionPosition="OVERLAY_IMAGE" in conjunction with imageScaleMode="FILL"). It actually has nothing to do with Flickr.
This bug has been addressed and will be fixed in the next version of Juicebox-Pro.
In the meantime, a workaround would be to set the captionPosition to anything other than OVERLAY_IMAGE.

Juicebox v1.3.0 has just been released (with the bugfix detailed above).
Please download the latest version of Juicebox-Pro and upgrade your gallery following the instructions here.

I downloaded the update and updated my gallery and all is working well with Flickr links in the description when viewed on a desktop browser.

I noticed when viewed on a mobile device they do not come through. Was this ever an option or is it prevented when viewing photos with links in the captions when viewed on a mobile device? I was using an iPhone.

Captions should be visible (and link in captions should be functional) in Small Screen Mode.
You may have to tap the screen for the overlay (including the caption area) to become visible.
I notice that the underline appears in your link only when hovering over it (in a desktop browser) so it looks like there is some CSS on your web page which is interacting with the gallery.
Try viewing the gallery on a page of its own in your mobile device to see what happens.
(I would take a look but there is no 'index.html' file in your 'juicebox' gallery folder.)