Topic: Juicebox on iPhone in DIV not 100%

I have Juicebox embedded in a DIV that is not 100% so I know it's not going to work on a mobile device fullscreen on my page. Instead, I have a mobile detect script that sends viewers to a subdomain for my mobile site.

I went to one of my Juicebox gallery pages just to see what would a page would look like on my iPhone anyway. It turns out the gallery does not load as expected, but the DIV is taken up with the first image in the slideshow along with type that says how many images are in the gallery along with a link that says View Gallery. Interesting. When I click View Gallery I'm taken to the /juicebox/jbcore/full.html file. Which doesn't load and says it can't find the XML file.

If I manually change the URL to the juicebox/index.html file the slideshow appears full screen.

Is this the expected behavior?

1) Why is that link taking the viewer to the /juicebox/jbcore/full.html file?
2) Is there a way to change that View Gallery link to be the juicebox/index file?

That way if for some reason the detect script is bypassed, I know some kind of gallery will appear.

Re: Juicebox on iPhone in DIV not 100%

I have Juicebox embedded in a DIV that is not 100% so I know it's not going to work on a mobile device fullscreen on my page.

Juicebox will detect and handle this situation automatically, so you shouldn't need a custom script.

If a Juicebox gallery is viewed on a small screen at less than 100% of the HTML page size, Juicebox will display a 'Splash Page'. Clicking the splash page displays the gallery at full screen size. Check the Splash Page section here for more info: http://juicebox.net/tour/gallery/#screen-modes

You can disable or configure the Splash Page by using these options: http://juicebox.net/support/config_opti … ge-options

3 (edited by cprblak 2013-04-02 23:32:30)

Great info, thanks Felix.
The only thing I still can't figure out though is how to have the link that is clicked to see the gallery fullscreen go to the juicebox/index page and not to jbcore/full.html where it doesn't load.

I should also note that my setup is with a folder that includes an index file (with the gallery embedded) and and a sub-folder with all the juicebox files.

Please provide a URL of the gallery that shows the problem and we will take a look.

5 (edited by cprblak 2013-04-03 18:27:50)

Here you go. Just try it on a small mobile device to see what I'm talking about.

Remember I'm only using this as a fall-back to my mobile site so my main question is why when clicking on the Gallery image I'm taken to the jbcore/full.html page and why is it blank.

Thanks.

why when clicking on the Gallery image I'm taken to the jbcore/full.html page

Please see the description of the expandInNewPage configuration option and the Expand Gallery Behavior section for more information.

why is it blank

This looks like a bug relating to the use of a baseUrl and a relative path for a themeUrl.
Try putting your gallery's 'theme.css' file in the 'jbcore/classic/' folder (overwriting the stock 'theme.css' file) and then remove the themeUrl entry from your gallery's embedding code.
I have logged a bug report with the developers.

Well I have many pages using my custom theme.css so to remember to move it every time I create a new gallery might be a bit of a hassle. I think for the time being I'm just going to disable the Splash page.
It would be nice if expandInNewPage could be given a URL that could then be assigned.

Or you could just keep all the juicebox files together in the same folder. This avoids the need to use baseURL or themeURL and fixes the white screen issue.