Topic: New User of Juicebox

As a new user, I'd like to get certain basic questions answered if possible, so I don't spend hours trying to do something that Juicebox won't do.. Thanks..

1) Will I be able to generate custom text, size, etc, to save in my own custom skin for reuse?

2) Will I be able to add buttons and links to the template and have it generate these buttons/links each time I use the custom skin?

Trying to figure out my limitations, as I just spent days on another skin and realized that it doesn't work on ipad or iphone correctly and is unusable. 

I basically have a website with a gallery of about 8 different folders to generate..  But I need a certain look. 

Thanks for any info!  Rick

Re: New User of Juicebox

You can use a 'preset' file to store configuration options and then apply them to new galleries.
Please see the Presets section of the JuiceboxBuilder User Guide.

3 (edited by artwindows 2013-03-15 13:39:47)

Thx. That I was aware of.. But what about CSS file changes? I see I can make CSS changes by duplicating the theme and renaming it before I work on it. So this will only work if embedding it and then selecting the new theme in the embedded code? Or can it be used on the original non embedded gallery?

Thx again. Rick

All galleries are embedded, either in a page of their own (like in the gallery's 'index.html' page) or in another web page alongside existing content.
Also, all galleries use a 'theme.css' file.
You can make whatever modifications you like to a gallery's 'theme.css' file and use it for other galleries if you wish.
The themeURL configuration option is simply there to allow you to point towards a different CSS file in a different location (for example if you had a customized theme and wished to share it between multiple galleries without duplicating it).
If you modify a gallery's 'theme.css' file, just be sure to make a back up copy in case it is accidentally overwritten if, for example, you replace the 'jbcore' folder.

I tried the EMBED into an html page..  Wrote some text on the page to test if the embed worked..  I'm doing something wrong.. can't figure it out in user guide..

I moved the gallery into a folder on my site, then created an html page within that folder..  Tried to embed onto that page, and added some text at the top to check and make sure it was working..  Well, when I load the page, it momentarily shows the page with text at the top, and the juicebox logo loading,, and then it like pops into it's own page it seems and my text is gone.. So it's shifting back to the NONE new embeded page..

any help?

and then it like pops into it's own page it seems and my text is gone..

This sounds like the gallery is displaying in its expanded version (as if you have clicked the Expand button on the Button Bar) which will display the gallery fullscreen.
Please post the URL to your web page so that I can take a look.

I'll have to put it up first later. Just working on it locally.
I did discover something last night.
I changed the embed size from 100% to 770 x ""

Then it worked but what is best setting? It doesn't scale now with the page but didn't play around with it enough. I'll work on it later but advice always helps! Thx!
Rick

Then it worked but what is best setting?

Only you can decide what the best gallery dimensions would be for your own scenario/web page.

It doesn't scale now with the page

A Juicebox gallery will dynamically scale with the size of the user's browser window only if the dimensions of the gallery and the dimensions of all parent containers are expressed as percentages. If there is a fixed pixel value anywhere up the chain, the gallery's dimension will become fixed, e.g. 100% x 100% x 770px = 770px.