Topic: Gallery loading screen on mobile

I thought you could upload pictures here but it doesn't look like you can. I took a screenshot of what happens right before my galleries load on a mobile device and I was wondering if there was anyway to fix it.

Basically, what happens is when you click on a link to open a gallery index.html file in a new window. A new window opens up which is all white with the gallery background taking up only about a  third or less of the screen at the top with the loader in the centre and then it expands to full screen. What I was wondering is, if there was anyway to eliminate this from happening so that the screen isn't divided into gallery loading and blank?

If you want to see what the issue looks like, check out www.peterotoole.me/phone/photography.html and click on the very first large button on top which is called Photostream and you'll see when it loads what i am talking about.

Any help would be great.

Thanks!

Re: Gallery loading screen on mobile

hi,

your gallery works well here on Android Nexus 4. What mobile device are you using?

3 (edited by p00674605 2013-02-28 21:29:39)

Hey there! Thanks for coming back to me.
I'm using iOS6.1.

Try removing the line:

<link href="/StyleSheets/ModuleStyleSheets.css" type="text/css" rel="StyleSheet" />

... from your http://meowcreative.businesscatalyst.co … index.html page.
It looks like the CSS is not required (as the page contains only the gallery and no other content) and removing the CSS will speed up the loading of the page and ensure that there are no CSS conflicts between the 'ModuleStyleSheets.css' file and the gallery itself.

Thanks for coming back so soon! I am working in Muse and have no access to the code I'm afraid. It's probably something i am going to have to live with I guess.

After creating your web site with Muse, you could open the http://meowcreative.businesscatalyst.co … index.html web page in a plain text editor and remove the <link> code line manually before re-saving the file.