Re: Feature Requests

@wspollack

(with the possible exception of some really thin borders that seem to have appeared around the thumbnails, but I'm ignoring that for now)

Add the word 'closeups' to your filters to ensure that the drop-shadows are applied only to your main images and not the thumbnails.

filter1 class=XBorderFilter shWidth=23 shTrans=10 shDrop=soft shCol=black bgCol=#E6D4BA shDir=SE closeups
filter2 class=XBorderFilter shWidth=23 shCol=#E6D4BA bgCol=#E6D4BA shDir=NW closeups

Well, for now, I've settled on using the Juicebox skin in jAlbum, as it facilitates uploads to my server and - most importantly - has that Hi-Res link to the full-size originals capability built in, when opening an image in a new window.

I have pretty much settled on the same idea.

I have tried the other options and this seems to offer the 'easiest' quick creation.

jbBuilder cannot do IPTC captions, The Lightroom plugin cannot do Hi Res links or border width controls, so the jalbum skin works for me. (still can't get border widths in jablbum tho')

However, with new iPad resolutions i want the images to be 2048x1536 at 264dpi. jalbum seems to generate only 72dpi versions so I am having to replace them in the final version before upload. More pain.....

SJ

@simonjacobs

(still can't get border widths in jablbum tho')

Entering something like:

frameWidth=20

... into the skin's 'Pro Options' text area should be enough to give the main images a border.
If you continue to experience difficulties, please post a new thread in this jAlbum forum (with the word 'Juicebox' somewhere in the thread's title) and I'll try to help you over there.

Steven wrote:

@wspollack

(with the possible exception of some really thin borders that seem to have appeared around the thumbnails, but I'm ignoring that for now)

Add the word 'closeups' to your filters to ensure that the drop-shadows are applied only to your main images and not the thumbnails.

filter1 class=XBorderFilter shWidth=23 shTrans=10 shDrop=soft shCol=black bgCol=#E6D4BA shDir=SE closeups
filter2 class=XBorderFilter shWidth=23 shCol=#E6D4BA bgCol=#E6D4BA shDir=NW closeups

That did the trick. Thanks again.

Bill

30 (edited by MyWorldMyEyes. 2012-05-17 10:41:38)

Hello peeps,

just downloaded and using Pro now.

1. The thumbs "selected" border. How do we size it down a little, it's a bit of a big grey lump.

Like this... (the old applet version) www.MyWorldMyEyes.co.uk

I'm using this as a test page at the moment.

www.MyWorldMyEyes.co.uk/blackadder/

2. Also you'll see in my original site I also have Videos...
Can we "inplant" videos as well? Perhaps using a static image as a thumb?

3. Can we change the font?

4. Change the shadow of the text?

George

Great pix George!

How do you get that browser filling splash green to show? I don't have that!

SJ

simonjacobs wrote:

Great pix George!

How do you get that browser filling splash green to show? I don't have that!

SJ

Thanks.

Not sure about what you mean green. Not got any colours green on my sites.

All in all... It's a great HTML5 piece of software, but the applet feels more
slick.

Sorry meant splash SCREEN!

@simonjacobs

Set showSplashPage="ALWAYS" in your gallery's XML file.
If using JuiceboxBuilder-Pro to build your gallery, this options can be found in the 'Customize -> Splash Page' section.

@MyWorldMyEyes.

2. Also you'll see in my original site I also have Videos...
Can we "inplant" videos as well? Perhaps using a static image as a thumb?

Juicebox does not support videos. Please see this FAQ for details:
Will Juicebox load things other than images?

With regard to your other queries, there are no preconfigured options to change the values you would like to modify.
However, you could achieve your goals by editing the 'jbcore/classic/theme.css' file.
Please see the Juicebox Theming Guide for details.

would be nice to have event onThumbsChange() or isThumbsHidden() method in API to check current thumbs status

Please find my test website where the "peinture" menu is build with Juicebox-Pro gallery and "dessins" menu with Simpleviewer-Pro.

http://bertrandmarx.com/modele_v5_jb/index.html

To achieve the SV-Pro options in my own configuration, new JB-Pro options would be necessary :

1. Main image
- Main image without shadow

2. Overlay
- Image navigation styles - i.e. Cursor...

3. Thumbnails
- Thumb frame and Thumb frame hover color
- Thumb frame and Thumb frame hover width
- Thumbnails without shadow
- Thumbnail navigation styles - i.e. Numeric, Circle, triangle...

4. Button bar
- Button bar position with H.alignment and V.alignment (relative to the main image size - and not to the main image area)
- Button bar padding (relative to the main image size - and not to the main image area)
- Button bar scale

5. Caption
- Caption font name and font size (from JB-builder tool instead of in the ccs file)
- Image number font size
- Caption text H.alignment and V.alignment
- Caption position Overlay_Bottom relative to the main image size - and to the main image area

I hope that these new functionalities will be delivered with a next JB-Pro release.

Thanks

Thumbs on the lest or right.
Please.

Regars,
Jon

39 (edited by Anton 2012-06-10 09:09:13)

It would be great to be able to use photos from 500px.com which quite popular nowadays.

Would like to see all the features from svBuilder-Pro in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro. In particular Fixed Layout option which has done wonders for my self built website www.davidcharlesfoto.com. I appreciate the idea of Juice Box is for future proof, mobile/multi-size screen displays, but for a business website the necessity of embedded bespoke slideshow layouts is a must for me. At the very least I would request more control over thumbnails, eg alignment, positioning, borders, rounded corners, number of rows and grid specific layouts. I'm a photographer not a coder, but svBuider-Pro has opened up a whole new concept to my websites design. In a nutshell svBuilder-Pro is a brilliant application and has set a very high standard, plus it comes complete with a mobile display platform and the slideshows created by it have always worked on my iPhone too.

+1 on simpleviewer-like thumbs on the side - such a beautiful and simple design, nothing else like it out there. It would be great if JB had it.

when i had a windows machine i used porta  - which would convert SV to a thumbnail flow on the bottom, like juice, if there was no flash to be found - perhaps that could happen for small screen / conversion to mobile?  Anyhow, wonderful products, both of them, many thanks.

i would love to see small screens be able to use imageTransitionType of none or fade, when screenMode is set to large! thanks!

It would be awesome that maybe parse all the files in a certain directory and then automatically update the gallery from there?

@otaku521

This can be achieved by following the instructions in this post.

Another vote for being able to customize thumbnails (like SV Builder):
1)  Row count and column count
2)  Adding a border to the thumbnails (and style, such as square vs rounded)
3)  An option to set transition between thumbnail selections (inactive border fades out, active border fades in)

I miss the fixed layout option.  I have around 100 galleries on my site, so updating each from SV to Juicebox takes alot of time.  Now I'm going to have some galleries on the SV layout and new ones on the Juice Box layout.  I really don't want to change my layout - I like it.  The only reason (for me) to change to Juice Box is so mobile users get a more consistent experience.

Where's the option for a background image?

For the Title and Caption, why did the font size scale change?  In SV builder I used 18 & 12 as the sizes, now I need 4 and 2 in JuiceBox. 

An option for the caption to stay visible at all times.  This do-able now, but that also means the nav buttons and button bar are visible too.  My layout has room for the Title / Caption bar to stay visible at all times without overlapping on the images.

Setting these options will get confusing; it would be nice to have a couple different preview options:
1)  what it will look like on a website
2)  what it will look like on an iPad
3)  what it will look like on an iPhone

@pebbleplace

Where's the option for a background image?

It is relatively easy to use a background image by setting the gallery's background opacity, the last parameter in rgba(), to something less than 1 (so that it is visible), such as:
backgroundColor : 'rgba(34,34,34,0.5)'
... and then changing:

<div id="juicebox-container"></div>

... to something like:

<div id="juicebox-container" style="background-image: url('image.jpg');'></div>

Make sure that your background image is in the correct location.

For the Title and Caption, why did the font size scale change?  In SV builder I used 18 & 12 as the sizes, now I need 4 and 2 in JuiceBox.

In the Flash Player in SimpleViewer, the font size was a pixel value. In the Mobile Player in SimpleViewer and in Juicebox, the gallery is HTML-based rather than Flash-based and the font size is on a scale from 1 to 7. Please see here for details.
If you set <font size="18"> in SimpleViewer, the Flash Player would display the caption at 18px but the Mobile Player would display the caption as large as possible (as it is a value greater than 7). Because of this difference, the font size attribute is ignored in SimpleViewer's Mobile Player.
The font size is configurable in Juicebox (as, unlike in SimpleViewer, there are not two different ways the value can be interpreted) but being HTML-based, the scale of 1 to 7 is used.
Also, being that Juicebox is HTML-based, you are no longer restricted to using HTML tags that are accepted by Flash so rather than:

<font size="4">Caption Text</font>

... you could enter:

<span style="font-size: 18px;">Caption Text</span>

Setting these options will get confusing; it would be nice to have a couple different preview options:
1)  what it will look like on a website
2)  what it will look like on an iPad
3)  what it will look like on an iPhone

In order to see what your gallery will look like on a mobile device, go to 'Customize -> General' and set 'Screen Mode' to SMALL. For more information on Screen Modes, please see here. There is also an 'iPhone Simulation' demo gallery on this page.

Thank you for your other suggestions.

I'd like to add my vote to those requesting more control over thumbnails. Thanks.

48 (edited by Eric 2012-06-23 09:41:08)

1) SEO part for keywords and mandatory fields.
2) Be able to add comments below each photo.
3) Possibility to have a buying system.

49 (edited by designshoe 2012-06-23 09:51:40)

I love Juicebox! Out of the box it looks stunning, feels smove and works like a charme. Great work indeed!

For me, a web gallery should get out of the way and put the images "in pole position". Juicebox does that, most of the time. There is one thing I'd like to request to be able to say "all of the time":

If I move the mouse cursor out of the browser window everything is hidden: title, all captions, and buttons. If the mouse stays within the browser window above the image, these elements do not disappear. If the thumbnail bar is disabled, everywhere in the window is "above the image". I would request that they also disappear, if I start browsing the images and don't move the mouse (e.g. by using the keyboard or just clicking the mouse). Thus the images will be the only thing to be displayed. This comes in very handy, especially in full screen mode where you cannot get the mouse out of the window and out of the image area ;)

Best,
Thomas

@Eric

2) Be able to add comments below each photo.

This is already possible. Comments can be added in the Title and Caption text fields in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro (on the 'Images' tab) and the captions can be positioned below the main images by setting Caption Position to 'BELOW_IMAGE' (in the 'Customize -> Caption' section).