1 (edited by vancoovur 2013-02-20 20:00:55)

Topic: No joy on our website

We've installed the wp-juicebox plugin as per the supplied instructions, copied the Juicebox Pro 'jbcore' to our server overwriting the old. No joy. The plugin initiates, the centre icon spins in Firefox, displays an error in Chrome and IE 9, gallery images are not displayed and bottom corner branding remains even though the plugin has been upgraded. The gallery, oddly enough, displays correctly in IE 8.  A test page is avaialble here: http://www.vancouverdesi.com/bollywood-film-awards/

Any suggestions or insight would be more than appreciated.
-Adam

Re: No joy on our website

Looking at the dynamically generated XML file for your gallery, the XML declaration is not at the very top of the document (where it should be). Line 1 of the file is blank.
Try viewing the file in a browser to see the error message: http://www.vancouverdesi.com/wp-content … llery_id=1
The file is created with the PHP function saveXML() so there should be no blank line before the XML declaration.
Please check that your web server runs PHP v5.2.0 or later.

We've tried the plugin on both our staging and production sites. Staging runs PHP v5.3.14, production runs v5.4.11.

I do not know why there is a blank line before the XML declaration in your gallery's XML files but I think that this is the root of the problem.
Try editing the 'wp-juicebox/config.php' file in a plain text editor and change line 148 from:

echo $new_dom_doc->saveXML();

... to:

echo $new_dom_doc->saveHTML();

This will save the file without an XML declaration which is not an ideal solution but should allow your galleries to function.

Please note that the line number above refers to WP-Juicebox v1.2.0.1.

Steven - I made the change you suggested but it only stopped the gallery from displaying in the only browser that worked (IE 8). I've also looked through the theme files for spaces before or after the PHP tags as it's been reported that it may cause this problem but found nothing. Do you have any other suggestions?

Here are a few other suggestions to try.
(Unfortunately, I am unable to replicate the problem that you are currently experiencing so I cannot try the following suggestions myself to know whether or not theyu will help in your scenario.)

(1) Try changing line 148 of the 'wp-juicebox/config.php' file to the following:

echo $new_dom_doc->saveXML($new_settings_tag);

(2) Try adding the following on line 147 of the 'wp-juicebox/config.php' file:

ob_clean();

(3) Try removing line 3 of the 'wp-juicebox/config.php' file:

header('Content-type: application/xml');

If any of the above work, please post back to let me know.
Thank you.

7 (edited by vancoovur 2013-02-22 23:57:18)

Your first recommendation worked nicely. The gallery now displays within all browsers. The 'Juicebox' branding is appearing in the bottom right of the gallery. Isn't that removed when upgraded to 'Pro'?

Thanks for your help with this...much appreciated by this Juicebox customer.

The 'Juicebox' branding is appearing in the bottom right of the gallery. Isn't that removed when upgraded to 'Pro'?

Yes. The Juicebox badge/link at the bottom right corner of the gallery is present only in Juicebox-Lite galleries and is not present in Juicebox-Pro galleries.
Try clearing your browser's cache before reloading the gallery to ensure that your browser is not hanging onto and using older versions of your gallery files.
If you still see the Juicebox badge/link after clearing your browser's cache, then your gallery's 'jbcore' folder has not successfully been replaced with the Pro 'jbcore' folder.
If you are in any doubt as to whether or not your gallery's 'jbcore' folder is being overwritten, try deleting it from your web server first before uploading the Pro 'jbcore' folder in its place.