Topic: Remove the "Juicebox Gallery" logo, and permanent expanded mode

How do I remove the "Juicebox Gallery" logo upper left that appears with info bar when hovering image? Also Is there a way to keep it in permanent expanded mode? I don't like the way info bar cuts off image, but I do like the semi transparent info bar that overlaps image in expanded mode.

This is my page on my wordpress site:

http://neilgrayson.com/?p=1994

Thanks, Neil

Re: Remove the "Juicebox Gallery" logo, and permanent expanded mode

How do I remove the "Juicebox Gallery" logo upper left that appears with info bar when hovering image?

That is the 'Gallery Title'. Just blank out the default title ('Juicebox Gallery') in the 'Gallery Title' text field when creating a new gallery.

Also Is there a way to keep it in permanent expanded mode? I don't like the way info bar cuts off image, but I do like the semi transparent info bar that overlaps image in expanded mode.

Have you resolved you problems? I do not see a Button Bar (where the 'Expand Button' would be located) or any image captions (in the semi-transparent caption area) in your gallery.
The default positions for the Button Bar and the image captions are on the overlay and your gallery sets showImageOverlay="NEVER" so neither are displayed.
For reference, the full list of 'Juicebox - Config Options' can be found here.

Steven, yes I found all the relevant pro options! 

Everything works perfectly on my computer and my iPad,

However on my iPhone the category bar seems to be in the middle of the frame covering the images,

Any thoughts on iPhone??

http://neilgrayson.com/?p=1994

Thanks

Neil

This looks like a CSS or JavaScript clash between your page and Juicebox.
In order to determine the cause of the problem, try reverting to the default WordPress theme to see if this makes a difference.
If this does not help, try deactivating your plugins, one-by-one, until the problem disappears and you discover which plugin is causing the problem.

A workaround would be to embed the gallery in an <iframe> instead of using WP-Juicebox (which inserts the embedding code directly into your page).

(1) Create your Juicebox-Pro gallery with JuiceboxBuilder-Pro: http://www.juicebox.net/support/juiceboxbuilder/
(2) Upload your entire gallery folder (not just the contents) to your web server
(3) Enter the following code into the body of your post:

<iframe src="http://www.example.com/gallery_folder/index.html" width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

... making sure that the 'src' attribute of the <iframe> points towards your the 'index.html' file inside your gallery folder.

Steve,

I deactivated all plugins too see if any corrected conflict, there was no change. I reverted to a standard wordpress theme, and the menu bars appeared exactly the same way.

I used Juicebox because I love the Flickr feed-- I use the setID function. Is this an issue with the iframe idea? I'm trig to avoid a lot of complexity in getting my site to work as, I am not so good with the technical side of websites.

Is there a chance in near future Juicebox will work through these bugs or perhaps I could hire someone much more experienced than I too fix it, or I ca just go back to simple galleries although Juicebox looks great!

Thanks, Neil

I deactivated all plugins too see if any corrected conflict, there was no change. I reverted to a standard wordpress theme, and the menu bars appeared exactly the same way.

Did you try clearing your iPhone browser's cache after deactivating your plugins, reverting to the default theme and before reloading your gallery?

Is this an issue with the iframe idea?

I suggested the <iframe> idea as it keeps all the gallery's own CSS and JavaScript separate from that which is on your main page and will avoid any possible conflicts.

Is there a chance in near future Juicebox will work through these bugs

Yes. With your help, we can hopefully find out which plugins/themes are causing the conflicts and work towards fixing them.
In the meantime, the <iframe> solution should work fine and should be relatively quick and easy to implement.
(1) Create your gallery using JuiceboxBuilder
(2) Upload your entire gallery folder (not just the contents) to your web server using FTP
(3) Embed the gallery in a post using an <iframe> (a single line of code)

Everything works perfectly on my computer and my iPad,
However on my iPhone the category bar seems to be in the middle of the frame covering the images,

this issue is caused by a combination of the 'Atahualpa' theme and setting the background opacity to 0. The fix is to set the 'Background Opacity' to 1 in the WP-Juicebox Edit Gallery dialog.