1 (edited by acurso 2013-02-13 18:40:40)

Topic: Galleries truncating on Mobile phone

I put up several galleries on-line several weeks ago and all work fine on my iPhone. The images all resize to fit the screen and show 100% of the image--and adjust automatically as I change from vertical to horizontal.

Now, galleries created are showing fine in standard webpages but on the iPhone, the images are now filling the screen-at scale--but not 100% in the screen as before.  Oddly, the part that is out of screen--can only scroll over to see horizontals--have been totally cut-off and disappear.

The ones I created before still upload and display without any issue, it is just the new files created that exhibit this issue.

The only difference I can think of is that I had an update to AdobeAir that I installed in between noticing this change.  I have reinstalled Juicebox pro but the issues remain.

Any ideas, this is rather disturbing!

Re: Galleries truncating on Mobile phone

Please make sure that you are using the current version of JuiceboxBuilder-Pro (v1.2.0).
If necessary, please see the Upgrading Juicebox page.

If you are already using Juicebox-Pro v1.2.0 or upgrading does not make a difference, try validating your web page with the W3C Markup Validation Service and fix any HTML errors reported.

If you continue to experience difficulties, please post the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look and investigate further.

I'm a bit embarrassed to say that I figured it out.  Somehow I must have been seeing what "none" does on scaling and didn't turn it back to "scale-down".  I think all is fine now.

On another note, one issue that is persistent is that when I am on the App's Start page and select "Open Gallery", the thumbnails never show up on the "Images" page.  They come up fine when I select "New Gallery" on the Start page but never with "Open Gallery".  Even when I browse for new images after using the Open Gallery dialogue, the thumbs don't show up.

Thanks

On another note, one issue that is persistent is that when I am on the App's Start page and select "Open Gallery", the thumbnails never show up on the "Images" page.  They come up fine when I select "New Gallery" on the Start page but never with "Open Gallery".  Even when I browse for new images after using the Open Gallery dialogue, the thumbs don't show up.

Please make sure that your image filenames use only web-safe characters (uppercase and lowercase letters, decimal digits, hyphen, period, underscore, and tilde) and not other characters such as commas or apostrophes.
Also, ensure that you are using the latest version of Adobe AIR (v3.6) which can be downloaded from this web page.
If you continue to experience this issue, please let me know what operating system and versions of Adobe AIR and JuiceboxBuilder-Pro you use. A workaround may be to revert to Adobe AIR v3.3 which can be downloaded from the 'Adobe AIR 3.3 runtime downloads' link on this web page.

The filenames are OK as they work fine in the "New Gallery" dialogue, just not the "Open Gallery" when I go back to one I created earlier.  (I also have simplified the names to be sure to just numbers, like "01.jpg".)

I run Mac OS 10.6.8 and JBPRO 1.2.0.  I can't actually find the Air app but I had just upgraded it, per the auto dialogue box.  I also just de-installed it and downloaded version 3.6 and reinstalled it.  Still can't find where the Adobe Air program resides on my computer (looked in Applications and did a filename search), not sure where it resides, but things it requires work fine!  (I did just find an exe file named "airappinstaller" with v3.6 buried in an Adobe file folder in my apps.)

With the new Air installed, the "Open Gallery" thumbs still don't show up--same ones do in the "New Gallery" set up.  I went to your link for Air 3.3 and it comes up with a missing page message--not Adobe's but a Firefox generic.

Thanks,

Thank you for letting me know what operating system you use.
I have notified the developers of this issue (missing thumbnails in the JuiceboxBuilder-Pro 'Images' tab) and hopefully it will be fixed in the next version of Juicebox-Pro.
In the meantime, please try Adobe AIR 3.3 and, hopefully, you will be able to see all your thumbnails within JuiceboxBuilder-Pro.

I have now fixed the link in my previous post.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.