Topic: html embed_xml error_original page extensions are .php, not wordpress

With alot of trial and error, I at least got the xml error where before there was a blank page, so hoping I am closer.

I changed my code a bit, based on other posts I saw...
But, am a little confused on how to upload and name/call the folder...
This static,older site was originally created in php, but I don't see any php there... yet the page extensions are .php.  Usually html embed works without issue on this site, so not sure what I'm doing wrong.

This is a temporary fix to this site, since it is process of redesign and moving to WordPress... so hoping this is shown to be fairly easy to use, or I won't be upgrading and purchasing... Hope you can help...  I saw you had posts on using this on Wordpress, so need to check those out for future reference.

Here is the current test page url... (not linked to the nav yet)...
http://www.fastlanetravel.com/flt-gallery.php

Here are the steps I took:

• Created the JuiceBox with your interface.

• Saved it in a folder on my computer, named flt-gallery...

• Inside that folder, left the html named index.html

• Uploaded the entire folder into the "public_html" folder.

• Set up a new html PAGE and named it flt-gallery also... "just in case"

• Initially, pasted the embed code that your interface gave me, but nothing worked.

• Reviewed a few posts here, and changed it to the following...

• Am now getting the xml config error. "Config XML file not found."

I CAN see this gallery when I preview it locally... just an FYI... but assumed I would be able to.

<!--START JUICEBOX EMBED-->
<script src="http://www.fastlanetravel.com/flt-gallery/jbcore/juicebox.js"></script>
<script>
new juicebox({
containerId : "juicebox-container",
baseUrl : 'http://www.fastlanetravel.com/flt-gallery/',
galleryWidth: "90%",
galleryHeight: "100%",
backgroundColor: "#222222"
});
</script>
<div id="juicebox-container"></div>
<!--END JUICEBOX EMBED-->

Wondering if simple viewer would be easier in this instance?
Long term goal, would be to have mini galleries on approximately 8 tour pages, plus testimonial page, etc.... So any input appreciated... and as stated above, moving site to WordPress.

Thanks!

Re: html embed_xml error_original page extensions are .php, not wordpress

It looks like you may already have solved your problem.
I have viewed your web page at http://www.fastlanetravel.com/flt-gallery.php and your gallery displays OK.

A few notes:

Set up a new html PAGE and named it flt-gallery also... "just in case"

There is no need to name your own HTML page the same as your gallery folder (though it will do no harm).

Wondering if simple viewer would be easier in this instance?

The process for embedding a SimpleViewer gallery is very similar to the process for embedding a Juicebox gallery.

moving site to WordPress

Once you have your WordPress installation up and running, rather than create galleries on your computer, upload them to your web server and embed them manually, you might like to use the dedicated Juicebox plugin for WordPress (WP-Juicebox) which would allow you to create and edit galleries directly from within the WordPress Dashboard.

Actually, I did nothing since I posted...so not sure why it remedied itself.

I'm wondering if my browsers are having issues... but when I clicked on the link in the post I COULD see it, and it was even on chrome, which is misbehaving the most, since I disabled java.

I notice it is not centered...  I put the size at 80% due to the nature of this fussy site...
So, what is best way to make it go full width OR simply center on that page?

Do you have a gallery that would simply show images all as thumbnails, such as 3 across, 3 deep, for instance... and then when you click on one image it opens it larger, with option to then click thru all of them?

Thanks again...

P.S.  I changed width to 100% in the script and that took care of it... thanks...

But another question...  :)

When someone clicks "expand gallery", then closes it, they leave the site...
Is there a work around for that, so it opens a new window? 
I don't see option for that anywhere in the set up, script, etc.

Or should I have not ticked off a box when setting up the gallery... and if so, can I go back and edit, without re-uploading all?

Thanks again!
Christine

OK well, I just changed all of the navigation to go to this new page... and getting the Juicebox Error: Config XML file not found...  what gives?   Does it take time to propagate or something?

Do you have a gallery that would simply show images all as thumbnails, such as 3 across, 3 deep, for instance... and then when you click on one image it opens it larger, with option to then click thru all of them?

If you set screenMode="SMALL", Juicebox will display the gallery in Small Screen Mode on all devices and in all browsers. A grid of thumbnails will be displayed (though the number of thumbnails will depend on the space available in the user's browser window), from which the user can select a main image to be displayed.
For more information on Screen Modes, please see here.

When someone clicks "expand gallery", then closes it, they leave the site...
Is there a work around for that, so it opens a new window?

Please see the expandInNewPage configuration option in the General Options section of the Config Options page.

and if so, can I go back and edit, without re-uploading all?

Yes. You can re-upload only the 'config.xml' file (overwriting the original one), if you like.
Otherwise, you should be able to configure your FTP program to upload only modified files. You could then go through the process of uploading the entire gallery folder but only files which differ from those already on your web server will actually be uploaded.

OK well, I just changed all of the navigation to go to this new page... and getting the Juicebox Error: Config XML file not found...  what gives?   Does it take time to propagate or something?

With most web servers, uploads take effect pretty much instantly.

Please see this FAQ:
When I view my gallery I see the message 'Config XML file not found'. How do I fix this?

Your gallery at http://www.fastlanetravel.com/flt-gallery.php currently displays OK and I do not see the 'Config XML file not found' message.