Topic: Dreamweaver and juicebox pro

hello
i bought juicebox pro , i am wanting to upload the gallery to my website , i built the website by myself it is built with adobe dreamweaver cs6 , i have tired putting the juicebox folder into my dreamweaver folder then copied the embedded code and pasted it in the html page where i want it. the problem is it doesnt show up its just a blank space, i bought the juicebox so i can just build a gallery an upload it easy as that, am i doing something wrong ? any help would be greatly appreciated
thanks

Re: Dreamweaver and juicebox pro

Sally,
can you provide a link to your web site so we can have a look? Please state the name of the page where the gallery should appear.
Christoph

thank you for the quick reply

here is the website

www.cdstiling.co.uk

the page i want it on is the gallery page after the paragraph of writing and before it says kitchen gallery
hope that makes sense

Thank you for providing the URL to your web site.
Your gallery's embedding code has been inserted ito your web page OK but your gallery files have not been uploaded to the correct location on your web server.
For your gallery to function correctly, you would need to copy the contents of your gallery folder into the same directory as the HTML page which contains your gallery's embedding code (in your case, this is the root of your web space).

If you plan to embed multiple galleries, I would recommend using the baseUrl method of embedding as documented here.
This would allow you keep each gallery as a self-contained entity in its own folder and upload the complete gallery folders (not just the contents) to anywhere on your web server (as long as you know where they are).

thanks again for the response.
i have placed the gallery folder in my dreamweaver file is this what you mean ?
or do i need to upload it to my host which is fatcow?
sorry im only just learning all this an finding it pretty tough to get my head around, is there a step by step guide ?
thanks in advance

i have placed the gallery folder in my dreamweaver file is this what you mean ?
or do i need to upload it to my host which is fatcow?

Whether you upload the files via Dreamweaver or a separate FTP program, you would need to ensure that the contents of the gallery folder (not the folder itself) are in the root of your web space so that, for example, your gallery's XML file (named 'config.xml') is located at www.cdstiling.co.uk/config.xml

is there a step by step guide ?

The Juicebox embedding guide can be found here.
There is also a note for Dreamweaver users here.
However, as I mentioned before, if you plan to embed multiple galleries, I would recommend using the baseUrl method of embedding as documented here.

Essentially:
(1) Upload your complete gallery folder (in this example, named 'mygallery') to the root of your web space (depending on your web server this is likely to be a folder named 'public_html' or 'htdocs').
(2) Change your current embedding code to the following:

<!--START JUICEBOX EMBED-->
<script src="http://www.cdstiling.co.uk/mygallery/jbcore/juicebox.js"></script>
<script>
new juicebox({
baseUrl: "http://www.cdstiling.co.uk/mygallery/",
containerId: "juicebox-container",
galleryWidth: "100%",
galleryHeight: "600",
backgroundColor: "#222222"
});
</script>