Topic: I need help web page to large on mobile devices. Iphone

Please take a look at the following two pages.

http://www.raftercrosshomes.com

http://www.todaysmemoriesamarillo.com

When the website are viewed on a cell phone the home pages that contain the juice box gallery are  zoomed in. I can not get the page to display normally. The only solution I have is to remove the juice box gallery.

Any and all help will be appreciated

Re: I need help web page to large on mobile devices. Iphone

Try fixing the HTML errors on your web pages by validating them with the W3C Markup Validation Service.
Once the code on your web pages validates correctly, your web pages should be displayed with greater predictability and consistency across different devices and browsers.

If, once your pages validate correctly, the problem still occurs, try adding the following code to the <head> section of your web pages:

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1">

For more information on the meta 'viewport' tag, please see this web page.

Hi Steven,

I really think it is the Juicebox plugin that causes the problem!
I read the article on the meta 'viewport' tag.

I use this viewport in the head of the Wordpress site because this is the best for my design.

<meta name="viewport" content="width=1000">

When I disable the Juicebox plugin, the viewport is working fine.
When I Enable the plugin the viewport in the header.php file is not read.

Also when I use:

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1">

It works fine when Juicebox is disabled.
It does'nt work when the plugin is enabled because for some reason the header.php viewport is not read.

I also tested this on a clean Wordpress install with the basic Twenty Eleven theme and only with the Juicebox Pro plugin installed!
The same problem. It is not working right.

Hope you can help me with this? Perhaps you can test it on a clean Wordpress install.
The url without the plugin activated: website

Thanks in advance,
Mirjam

Please try the following to see if it makes a difference.
Open the 'wp-juicebox/wp-juicebox.php' file in a plain text editor and comment out line 31 from:

add_action('wp_head', array(&$this, 'include_tags'));

... to:

// add_action('wp_head', array(&$this, 'include_tags'));

Please note that the line number refers to the current version of WP-Juicebox (v1.2.0).

Hi Steven,

This solves the problem, thank you!

I use the latest version 1.2.0.

Does this - comment out of line 31 - have consequences for other functions in Juicebox Pro?
Will this be set in the next plugin update or do I have to comment this out every time I update the plugin?

Regards,
Mirjam

This solves the problem, thank you!

That's great! Thank you for posting back to let me know.
There should be no adverse side-affects of removing this code at all.
I will ensure that the <meta> 'viewport' tag is removed from the next version of WP-Juicebox so there should be no need to make this modification again.

This <meta> 'viewport' tag has been removed in the latest version of WP-Juicebox (v1.2.0.1) which can now be downloaded from this web page.