Topic: Keyboard Control

Not sure if this is a feature request or something that can already be achieved but, is it possible for the keyboard controls to be active as soon as a gallery loads, without the viewer clicking on the navigation buttons first?

If the above is not possible, would it at least be possible for the keyboard controls to be activated when a user clicks on a thumbnail and not just when they click on a navigation button?

I believe that at present, many gallery viewers will miss out on the keyboard control facility of a gallery because the feature only activates after a certain action on their part (clicking on a navigation button).

Many thanks

Liam

Re: Keyboard Control

It is necessary to first click on the gallery to give the gallery container focus before keyboard controls work.
If there are multiple galleries embedded on a single web page (or other elements which have their own keyboard controls), the user would have to select which one to be active.

If the above is not possible, would it at least be possible for the keyboard controls to be activated when a user clicks on a thumbnail and not just when they click on a navigation button?

Thank you for reporting. I have notified the developers to see if it is possible to extend the clicking area to cover the entire gallery.

Hi Steven

Thank you for your response. It really would be great if the clicking area could be expanded to cover the entire gallery.

I completely understand about the need to select a gallery on pages with multiple galleries but, just thinking out loud, would it be possible to code in some kind of logic whereby if there is only one gallery on a page, then keyboard controls would be activated on page load?

Also, just want to say, what a great job you guys have done with the additional features and functionality that have been added since V1. Keep up the good development work!

Thanks

Liam

I completely understand about the need to select a gallery on pages with multiple galleries but, just thinking out loud, would it be possible to code in some kind of logic whereby if there is only one gallery on a page, then keyboard controls would be activated on page load?

It may be possible to implement one of the suggestions from this forum thread.
However, the gallery's 'juicebox.js' JavaScript file is obfuscated so I do not know which div within the gallery must be given focus in order for keyboard controls to function. Some trial and error may be required and I cannot guarantee that it can definitely be done, though you may like to try.

Also, just want to say, what a great job you guys have done with the additional features and functionality that have been added since V1. Keep up the good development work!

Thank you! Your comments are very much appreciated.

Not sure if this is a feature request or something that can already be achieved but, is it possible for the keyboard controls to be active as soon as a gallery loads, without the viewer clicking on the navigation buttons first?

this is certainly possible with the pro version!

I have also created a direct shopping cart integration and a social sharing  plugin that uses the current image as a thumb on your Fb wall post for example. http://www.marcopietschmann.com/tutorials

If you are interested you can contact me http://www.captureme.marcopietschmann.com/.

Here is a link to a working example http://www.marcopietschmann.com/#1