Topic: Captions IPTC

I've been working with JB Pro about a week now.  Somehow, my captions are only showing on some pages and others are not.  See this link. There is Same DESCRIPTION field in iptc on every photo and yet, some photos don't show it. I checked to make sure the were on the original photos and they are.
If you look at link, you'll see that some have it and some don't.

http://artwindows.com/Juice/JuiceArtistFavs/

I'm aware that some photos have a black border on them so it looks odd on certain photos. Still practicing with it but want to figure out this missing caption problem.
Thx.

Re: Captions IPTC

Note that if you add new images to a gallery you will need to redo the 'Use IPTC Title' command to load the new image titles.

Felix wrote:

Note that if you add new images to a gallery you will need to redo the 'Use IPTC Title' command to load the new image titles.

I understand, but that's not the case.. I did not add new photos, and I always re-publish with the CAPTION IPTC chosen..  The only difference I think there is, is the photos that are not showing the caption may be larger photos than the others that show the caption..  I have to confirm that, but this is what it looks like so far.  My question than would be, if photos ARE indeed a little larger, should that affect the caption output?  Seems to me that it shouldn't, since the gray area overlay is still on these large photos..

Can you confirm that?  If it SHOULD work, then it may be something in the software that is keeping the caption from posting to the image.. Thanks..

Size of images is not a factor in this case. Note that Using IPTC captions is not a check-box that you set, it's a command that must be run whenever you add new images.

Felix wrote:

Size of images is not a factor in this case. Note that Using IPTC captions is not a check-box that you set, it's a command that must be run whenever you add new images.

I believe I did it right, PLUS, I never added additional photos to the gallery anyway. They are all the same photos that I started with since playing around with the program.  I'm glad size is not a factor, but certainly something is not allowing it to be published.  I double checked the IPTC in other programs, and it's definitely there.. just skipping it on some of the photos..  Size is the only thing that seems consistent.  Seems the photos that I've done in recent months I've made a bit larger and they may be the ones not showing the Caption Description..  Again, I'll do some research, but any other possibilities, let me know..   Thanks..

Try reopening your gallery in JuiceboxBuilder, then do Images -> Captions -> Use IPTC Caption. Check your IPTC captions are being written into the caption fields on the image list.

I double checked the IPTC in other programs, and it's definitely there.. just skipping it on some of the photos.

Could you perhaps zip and upload a couple of your photos (one whose caption is displayed and one whose caption is not) and provide a download link so that I can take a look at them and try to determine the cause of the problem? Thank you.

Steven wrote:

I double checked the IPTC in other programs, and it's definitely there.. just skipping it on some of the photos.

Could you perhaps zip and upload a couple of your photos (one whose caption is displayed and one whose caption is not) and provide a download link so that I can take a look at them and try to determine the cause of the problem? Thank you.

I redid everything and imported the photos again.. overwriting the old published photos.  It appears to have worked this time.. Don't know why some of the captions got dropped, but I'll keep you posted if I can duplicate what I did wrong.. Thanks!