Topic: Padding below thumbs

There seems to be surplus padding in the element div.jb-idx-show-area. Is there any way to remove this, reducing the space between the thumbs (when displayed on top) and the main image?

Re: Padding below thumbs

Not seeing this issue here. Can you provide an example URL? Are you using the latest version of Juicebox-Pro (v1.2)?

I'm using 1.2. Can't provide a gallery link as it's still testing and isn't live yet. I'll do a bit more digging and make sure that the issue isn't on my side. I wouldn't describe it as a "problem" as such - I just want to tighten up the space between the two elements.

I'm also using version 1.2 (Mac OS 10.6.8)and am seeing a large gap between the thumbs (displayed on top) and the main image.  It is especially large in Safari (v5.1.7)... it is better in Firefox (v16.0.2), but the gap is still quite large compared with what is shown the Juicebox builder.  The gap is significant enough (especially in Safari) to definitely be defined as a problem. 

Main image settings:
padding 0
Frame Width 0
Image shadow Blur 0

Thumbnail settings:
Thumb Position: Top
Show large thumbs is checked (only box checked)
Max Thumb Columns: 9
Max Thumb Rows:  1
Thumb Padding: 3

Button Bar Settings:
Button Bar Position: Top
Button Bar HAlign: Right
Nothing is checked

@ty9flying

The gap between your the thumbnails and the main images in your gallery may be due to a combination of the aspect ratio of your images and the dimensions of your browser window. Try setting imageScaleMode="FILL" in your gallery's XML file (so that the main images fill the available image area) to see if the gap between the thumbnails and the main images is reduced.
If you continue to experience difficulties, please post the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look and help further.

6 (edited by Kaylee 2013-01-06 20:09:41)

I am trying to get my whole page w/ gallery on one screen, this includes my text navigation bar at the bottom of the page. When I specify a gallery height of 550, I get a huge gap in Safari at the bottom of the gallery which pushes the bottom text nav off the page .When I don't specify a height, I don't get the gap, but the whole line of thumbs is off the bottom of the page, so that won't work.
What it looks like is that when I specify a gallery height (on the "lite" configuration tab), the images display smaller, but the gallery is taking up just the same amount of space. Is there another place to modify size, or a code fix? Thx

Editing to add this; I just bought Pro version in Dec (2012), and am working on the same mac OS as the post above. I am not having problems with a gap between the thumbs and gallery though. My thumbs are below and undesirable gap is below thumbs.

@ Kaylee

Please see the Using a Resizable Gallery with a Header section of the 'Juicebox - Embedding Guide' (just scroll down the 'Embedding Multiple Galleries' section a little).

This section of the 'Juicebox - Embedding Guide' demonstrates how to have a HTML header or footer and have Juicebox resize to fill the remaining browser window.

Check out the View Resizable Gallery with Top Menu Example.

You can view the source of the web page in your browser and copy/modify it to suit your own needs.
For example, you could delete the header, swap the sample gallery for your own gallery and swap the footer content for your own navigation menu.

Thanks for your quick reply! My header and footer are locked in uneditable regions (dreamweaver template) so they can be easily changed sitewide, but I will see if I can figure this out.