Topic: Mobile Storage Off line

I think Juicebox could easily create a great photographers Web App. With just a few lines of code to request storage on the smart phone or tablet so the photos and pages could be used off line as long as the user did not clear the cache. Is there a way to do that? It already looks really Great on mobile devices.

Re: Mobile Storage Off line

It may be possible to force a browser to cache all the required files using a cache manifest file but I have just tried this and have not been successful to get it to work in Mobile Safari. Even if it did work, listing all images in such a file may initially slow down the gallery whilst the images are being cached.

I've been trying to get the Cache to work also.  Is it possible to pass in the config xml data instead of using the configurl and pointing it to a url?  Below is an example what I'm try to accomplish.

Example:
_juiceboxContainer = new juicebox({
                configData: '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<juiceboxgallery
    galleryTitle="Juicebox-Pro Gallery"
>
  <image imageURL="images/wide.jpeg"
    thumbURL="thumbs/wide.jpeg"
    linkURL="images/wide.jpeg"
    linkTarget="_blank">
        <title><![CDATA[Welcome to <u><a href="http://www.juicebox.net/" target="_blank">Juicebox-Pro</a></u>.]]></title>
  </image></juiceboxgallery>',
                themeUrl: 'jbcore/classic/theme.css',
                containerid: 'juicebox-container',

});

Is it possible to pass in the config xml data instead of using the configurl and pointing it to a url?

No. It is possible to set configuration options in the embedding code (as documented here) but image data must be contained in an XML file.

I am not a programmer, just a lowly photographer, but I found a link that describes what it takes to make off line web apps. Check it out @
http://www.catswhocode.com/blog/how-to- … easy-steps

I have already checked with my provider and my server is apache and he has already modified the .htaccess file for me to allow this to work.

I would absolutely love the ability to create and host my own web apps similar to the ones that Sticky Albums charges $189 per year for. Searching for something to do that is what attracted me to Juice Box in the first place.
         Like I said I am not a programmer, but it looks to me like this functionality could easily be added to Juicebox Pro. Even is it is a special upgrade that I would pay for.

Open for any suggestions or anyone who wants to code a template for me.

Thanks

The link you provided is the same process that I have already tried and, unfortunately, while it works OK on desktop browsers, it does not work in Mobile Safari.

Thanks for taking another look Steven. I hope this is a feature that can be added in the future. Would pay for the upgrade.