1 (edited by moiremusic 2012-11-28 22:12:43)

Topic: Thumbnail crop in Juicebox WP

Using the Juicebox Wordpress plugin, and I've noticed that the thumbnails are very cropped versions of the original image. See screenshot here... compare the main image with the last thumbnail. Almost half of each dimension is cropped out. I understand that some amount of cropping is necessary, but this much seems kind of extreme.

I'm not sure if this is intentional, or if it's just something Wordpress is doing. I attempted to manually adjust the thumbnail in Wordpress admin panel, but nothing changed in the Juicebox gallery. Can anyone explain what is controlling the amount of cropping going on?

Example on the site here.

Re: Thumbnail crop in Juicebox WP

Juicebox does not scale thumbnail images (it crops them instead) and your problem arises from your WordPress installation creating and using thumbnail images of 130px x 120px and your gallery using settings of thumbWidth="81" and thumbHeight="64".
Workarounds would be to either:
(1) Set the thumbWidth and thumbHeight configuration options to the same dimensions as your WordPress Media Library Thumbnail Size.
... or:
(2) Change the WordPress Media Library Thumbnail Size (in the 'Dashboard -> Settings -> Media' section) to the same dimensions as your thumbWidth and thumbHeight configuration options.