Topic: screenMode small scroll bug on thumb view

Hi,

I noticed this "glitch" when testing the small screen mode for mobile phones with forceTouchMode at true. I'm using this markup to embed my gallery:

<div style="width: 95%; height: 100%;">
    <div id="juicebox-container"></div>
</div>

Now the glitch happens when the gallery is not expanded. On the thumbnails page, I can't slide up and down to view my page content, especially when the gallery covers the whole screen. I have to set my gallery with to 80% to have a "scrolling zone", which I do not want.

The problem is not present when I click on an thumbnail.

Anybody else experienced this?

Re: screenMode small scroll bug on thumb view

The forceTouchMode configuration option was removed (along with enableTouchZoom) in the latest version of Juicebox-Pro (v1.2.0).
Please see the Juicebox Version History for a full list of changes.
Please try upgrading your gallery to the latest version of Juicebox-Pro by following the instructions in the Upgrading Juicebox section.

Unfortunatly, I am using the latest version. Let's forget about forceTouchMode. It probably does nothing for me at the moment.

Could you please take some time to try and reproduce the glitch? It's a big usability issue for mobile users, since it does not allow vertical page scrolling when the gallery is as tall as the viewport in the thumb view.

Thank you for your time!

p.s. sorry for bad english :)

I am currently unable to replicate the problem you describe.
Please post the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look and investigate further.
Also, please let me know which devices and browsers you use and see this problem on. Thank you.

I can't provide you a URL right now since I am working locally with VM/Vagrant. I'll post a link here as soon as it's deployed.

I am currently having the problem on the iPhone simulator on MAC and I'll make sure to run some more tests on real devices before updating this post.

After removing forceTouchMode, I noticed that it's impossible to use gestures to navigate in the gallery. Gestures are quite vital for us. Adding forceTouchMode again in the options made them work again. Please don't disable that feature!

Just wanted to let you know ;)

7 (edited by davidgmarchand 2012-11-21 22:01:49)

Allright, try this URL on the iPhone : http://troyes.wecbox.com/site/troyes-we … s-0-3.html

The gallery is at the bottom of the page. When performing a swipe with the gallery as starting point, it won't scroll up and down.

Now imagine that the gallery height is matching the viewport size...

When performing a swipe with the gallery as starting point, it won't scroll up and down.

This is because Juicebox galleries use swipe gestures for navigating between images and thumbnail pages. So it will absorb any swipes that start within the gallery and prevent the default browser scroll behavior. Currently there is no option to prevent this.

This issue is related to the fact that you have set 'showSplashPage' to 'NEVER'. When using the default value of 'AUTO' this issue will not occur, since the splash page displayed on small screen devices does not absorb swipes. Check the example here on an iPhone to see how this works: http://www.juicebox.net/demos/lite/embedded/

So the work-around is to set 'showSplashPage' to 'AUTO'.

I simply set "showSmallThumbs" to false, it fixes everything.

Thank you very much for your help! Juicebox is a neat responsive gallery.

Good to know!