Topic: Search Engine Optimization

Is there any way to make the titles and captions indexable on Google?

Re: Search Engine Optimization

You could perhaps adapt the SimpleViewer SEO script from this web page for use with Juicebox as SimpleViewer and Juicebox share a very similar format for their XML files.

Thanks for that link. That script allows me to have an indexable page for the entire gallery - but how can I make unique indexable pages for each image separately? To illustrate what I mean, consider that I have set my gallery to dynamically update the URL each time I go to a different image (with #1, #2, #3, etc. appended to the URL). I want Google to be able to distinguish each individual image as a different page with a unique URL, title, and caption. I know that there is a new way for Google to index AJAX pages but I have not seen any examples of this working with Juicebox. If this could be integrated into a future release this would really be an amazing feature.

Please take a look at this forum thread for a Juicebox adaptaption of the SEO Script I linked to in my previous post above.

With regard to your latest query, you could set enableDirectLinks="TRUE" in your gallery's XML file (which will give each image a unique URL using the '#' character) and you could then use the onImageChange() Juicebox API event to add SEO code to a container (which would be hidden via CSS) using JavaScript. However, I do not know how Google would treat this. There would essentially be only one page and Google would not know how many dynamic versions of the page could be created by appending image numbers to the URL.