Topic: starting New Juice box pro [SOLVED]

Hello everybody.
New on this forum I wonder if my problem has already be solved
I purchased yesterday JuiceBox Pro and I cannot get it started...
In the past on another computer I loved using this beautiful gallery.

I am now on Macbook pro 14 with Apple M1 Pro , running under Mac Os Monterey 12.4

I took the JuiceBox version pro ..  I loaded the package , I installed Adobe Air , the last version I found on Harman website. It was successful.

But , when I open Juice Builder Pro nothing happens! It stays on the first page , asking to Upgrade to Juicebox Pro. I clic on New Galery , nothing happens, I click on Start nothing happens, I click on Images the page opens but I cannot load any image …
I went through the forum , saw that some people had the same problem, but I am not that good enough in computer to solve it through the information I read , please can anyone help me to solve the problem ?

Thank you

Re: starting New Juice box pro [SOLVED]

Hello.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having difficulty with JuiceboxBuilder-Pro.
I replied to your support query a couple of days ago. Please let me know if you did not receive it and I'll send it to you again.

The short version is as follows:
(1) Make sure that you are using AIR v33.1.1.744 and not AIR v33.1.1.932 (as noted here).
(2) After installing JuiceboxBuilder-Pro, run the application using Rosetta (as noted here).

If this does not help, then there are further troubleshooting tips in this forum post and more information regarding unresponsive 'New Gallery' and 'Open Gallery' buttons in this forum post.

I hope these links help you to resolve your problem.
However, if you continue to experience difficulties, then please post back and let me know:
(1) which version of AIR you are using
(2) if you are able to launch JuiceboxBuilder-Pro using Rosetta
(3) what suggestions you have tried from the forum posts I linked to above

Thank you.

Thank you  . Loading the AIR v33.1.1.744 version  it worked , I could build my gallery. but I cannot get it working. I have a grey screen with the message "Juicebox Error: Config file not found".
I cannot either load it with filezilla  as it says "no file directory found "
I probably missed something somewhere !

Loading the AIR v33.1.1.744 version  it worked , I could build my gallery.

That's great! Thank you for letting me know.

I have a grey screen with the message "Juicebox Error: Config file not found".

Please see this FAQ for an explanation and workaround: https://www.juicebox.net/support/faq/#local

I cannot either load it with filezilla  as it says "no file directory found "

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Please explain this problem in more detail and I'll do my best to help you out.
Thank you.

hello ,
Thank you for your reply , but I did look at the FAQ but it does not help .
On local , it does not further than  " JuiceBox error : Config file not found" though I can see it on my computer
I enclose this config.xml :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<juiceboxgallery

resizeOnImport="true"
    galleryTitle="GAL_TEST"
    useFullscreenExpand="true"
    imageFrameColor="rgba(153,153,153,1)"
    enableAutoPlay="true"
    backButtonText="&lt; BLOG"
    enableDirectLinks="false"
    galleryTitlePosition="TOP"
    backgroundColor="rgba(204,204,204,1)"
    galleryWidth="98%"
    galleryHeight="98%"
    showOpenButton="false"
    galleryTitleHAlign="CENTER"
    imageTransitionType="NONE"

>
  <image imageURL="images/IMG_3005-22-10-28-Red_GAL_H_-.jpg"
    thumbURL="thumbs/IMG_3005-22-10-28-Red_GAL_H_-.jpg"
    linkURL="images/IMG_3005-22-10-28-Red_GAL_H_-.jpg"
    linkTarget="_blank"
    sourcePath="/Users/mac_helene/Pictures/2022_PHOTOS/2022_SEPT_OCT_NOV_SOULO/2022_09_10_11_SOULO_RED_GAL/IMG_3005-22-10-28-Red_GAL_H_-.jpg">
    <title><![CDATA[IMG_3005-22-10-28-Red_GAL_H_-]]></title>
    <caption><![CDATA[]]></caption>
  </image>
  <image imageURL="images/IMG_2671-22-10-19-Red_GAL_H_-.jpg"
    thumbURL="thumbs/IMG_2671-22-10-19-Red_GAL_H_-.jpg"
    linkURL="images/IMG_2671-22-10-19-Red_GAL_H_-.jpg"
    linkTarget="_blank"
    sourcePath="/Users/mac_helene/Pictures/2022_PHOTOS/2022_SEPT_OCT_NOV_SOULO/2022_09_10_11_SOULO_RED_GAL/IMG_2671-22-10-19-Red_GAL_H_-.jpg">
    <title><![CDATA[IMG_2671-22-10-19-Red_GAL_H_-]]></title>
    <caption><![CDATA[]]></caption>
  </image>
</juiceboxgallery>

You're gallery's XML file looks fine (no errors).

The information in the FAQ (https://www.juicebox.net/support/faq/#local) is still relevant and should work OK.
It is important to note that you can only preview galleries locally (from your computer's hard drive) in Firefox or Safari and only after changing the setting noted in the FAQ.
It is not possible to preview galleries locally in any other browser.

Please let me know what browser (and version number) you are using and please confirm that you have changed the relevant setting in your browser's configuration options.

This only applies to previewing galleries locally. There is no issue once the galleries have been uploaded to a web server where they can be viewed in any modern browser without any settings needing to be changed.

If you have uploaded a gallery to a web server and still see the 'Config file not found.' error message, then please post a link to the dysfunctional gallery so that I can see the problem for myself.
Once I can see the problem live on your web server, I should be able to determine the exact cause of the problem and propose a solution.
Thank you.

(The easiest way to upload and view a gallery is to upload the entire gallery folder to your web server (with an FTP program such as Filezilla) and then open the 'index.html' page (inside the gallery folder) in a browser.)

Hi Steven,
Thank you very much . After changing the settings ( desactivate the restrictions on local files ) in Safari it works .  I can see my gallery!
Unfortunately not yet on my web site :  I still have problem uploading it with Filezilla...I got " Failure" when I start loading ..I guess this is a problem with my database..I do not know if you can help me..

I'm glad you've got the ability to preview your galleries locally working.

The Filezilla problem is probably something that you might need to work out with your web host.
A Juicebox gallery's files are really just regular files that you might find on any web site (HTML, JavaScript, CSS image and font files) and there really shouldn't be any difficulty in uploading them to a web hosting account's web space.
Your web host should be able to help you out with this.

Incidentally, Juicebox galleries do not use a database at all so it'll not have anything to do with any databases that you might have set up on your hosting account.

Does Filezilla give any indication as to the nature of the failure (maybe an error code or a more detailed description of the reason for the failure) that might point us in the right direction?

Thank you so much , it works perfectly now !
In fact I could not load my new galllery because  my web's space was full!! so stupid ...
Thanks for your good support , I am so happy to post my 104th juice box gallery ( started in 2011 )

You're welcome!
I'm glad you've got it working. Thanks for letting me know. It's most appreciated.
Best wishes!