Topic: Add images from Media Gallery

Is there a way to add images to a gallery once they are in the Media Library already? It seems that the only way to add images to an existing gallery is by adding the images back in using the drag and drop method?

Re: Add images from Media Gallery

If you have images in the Media Library that are currently unattached to any posts, simply attach them to the post containing the gallery.
They will automatically be displayed in the gallery when it is viewed (although you may need to clear your browser's cache before reloading the gallery).
If you have images in the Media Library that are already attached to other posts, then you will need to upload the images again.
WordPress allows each image in the Media Library to be attached to only one post.

Thanks Steven,

You wrote: If you have images in the Media Library that are currently unattached to any posts, simply attach them to the post containing the gallery.

I'm wondering how I attached the images from the Media LIbrary to the page or post. Can you give me a step by step on this? I only see the option to drag files into the media uploader window from the page or post editor.

It seems that I would need to upload the photos into that page or post and can't really use images in the Media Gallery that have been uploaded already?

I'm wondering how I attached the images from the Media LIbrary to the page or post.

If you added the images using the 'Add Media' button whilst creating a new post, the images are automatically attached to that particular post.

It seems that I would need to upload the photos into that page or post and can't really use images in the Media Gallery that have been uploaded already?

If you add images to the Media Library by clicking the 'Add New' button on the Media Library settings page, then you will have the option to attach each image to a post by clicking on the word 'Attach' in the 'Attached to' column on the Media Library settings page.