Topic: Unable to use Juicebox pro in either Catalina or in Big Sur [SOLVED]

Steven:

I am also suddenly unable to use Juicebox pro in either Catalina or in Big Sur.

I did download Harman Air, and ran the suggested script in the Terminal.
That  allows me to launch Juicebox and it opens with a preliminary screen stating that it is Juicebox Pro.

However when JB (supposedly Pro) opens fully it states that I am using JB Lite — with an invitation in the top to purchase JB Pro.

I have JBPro v.1.5.1 and there doesn’t seem to be anything newer?

It seems as if Harman Air cannot recognise the Config.xml inside the Web folder?

Or is Apple blocking JBPro because of it being from an "unrecognised" company.

At one point, Harman was asking for a particular password from my Keychain but that password is related only to Adobe Acrobat so it apparently was not what Harman was asking for!

Is there any known way to make Harman Air find the Config file?

Ann

Re: Unable to use Juicebox pro in either Catalina or in Big Sur [SOLVED]

@Ann

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with Juicebox-Pro.
I hope my notes below help to clarify things and ultimately resolve your problem.

I did download Harman Air, and ran the suggested script in the Terminal.

If you are referring to the script here, then this is no longer necessary with the latest version of AIR from Harman (although it will do no harm).
The script was required for the last version of AIR released by Adobe but Harman have since worked through this issue and the script is no longer required.

However when JB (supposedly Pro) opens fully it states that I am using JB Lite — with an invitation in the top to purchase JB Pro.

That is very strange. I've only known this to happen once before (as far as I can recall) and it was on a Windows system and was caused by a corrupt user profile. The workaround was to install JuiceboxBuilder-Pro under a different user.

I have JBPro v.1.5.1 and there doesn’t seem to be anything newer?

That's right. Juicebox-Pro v1.5.1 is the current version (Version History).

It seems as if Harman Air cannot recognise the Config.xml inside the Web folder?

AIR really has nothing to do with any Juicebox gallery files.
AIR simply allows JuiceboxBuilder-Pro to run and it is JuiceboxBuilder-Pro which looks for the 'config.xml' file (inside a selected folder) when you open an existing gallery.

Or is Apple blocking JBPro because of it being from an "unrecognised" company.

No. Unfortunately, I don't know what the problem you are experiencing is but it will not be caused by Apple blocking JuiceboxBuilder-Pro.

At one point, Harman was asking for a particular password from my Keychain but that password is related only to Adobe Acrobat so it apparently was not what Harman was asking for!

You don't actually need to enter any password when installing AIR. This is a Known Issue which Harman still have to resolve. In the meantime, they have posted this workaround  on their download page.

Encrypted Local Store. On MacOS, applications requiring to use the "Encrypted Local Storage" feature of AIR will need to set up a local storage area for this. MacOS requests the user's permission during this process, with the request for a password for the "PrivateEncryptedDatak" keychain password (see image on the right). To proceed, please leave the password blank and click on "Always Allow" - this should only be displayed once.

Is there any known way to make Harman Air find the Config file?

As I mentioned, it is JuiceboxBuilder-Pro that will be looking for a 'config.xml' file (and only if you choose to open an existing gallery via the 'Open Gallery' button on the 'Start' tab (at which point you should navigate towards and select the gallery folder containing the 'config.xml' file). I've written full instructions for opening a gallery here.

In order to try to resolve your problem, I'd recommend completely uninstalling AIR, JuiceboxBuilder-Pro (and JuiceboxBuilder-Lite if you have it installed) and then reinstalling AIR and JuiceboxBuilder-Pro, ensuring that both programs are up-to-date.
The full uninstall/reinstall procedure is documented as #11 here. It is important to manually delete any folders left behind from JuicveboxBuilder-Pro and JuiceboxBuilder-Lite uninstallations so please don't skip any steps. Also, remember that there is no need for the Catalina script.

You can download the latest version of AIR (v33.1.1.533) from Harman's download page here.
Just in case you need a new copy of the Juicebox-Pro zip file, I've sent you a new download link for your purchase (in a separate email which you should hopefully have received by now).

Please let me know how you get on.
Thank you.

Steven:

Thank you so much for your reply.

Unfortunately I am still being blocked by a "No Config Found" error although JBPro has created a perfectly good Index, Config and all attendant files and images.

This is the code from the Config which hopefully may help you to see what is going on?

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<juiceboxgallery showNavButtons="true" showAutoPlayButton="true" backButtonPosition="TOP" backButtonUseIcon="true" galleryTitlePosition="ABOVE_THUMBS" maxThumbColumns="48" galleryFontFace="Verdana" showSmallThumbNav="true" galleryTitleHAlign="CENTER" frameWidth="2" showImageOverlay="ALWAYS" imageNavPosition="STAGE" showEmailButton="true" buttonBarPosition="TOP" emailAddress="cameraart@verizon.net" emailSubject="Web Site Photographs" captionPosition="BELOW_THUMBS" showSmallPagingText="false" maxCaptionHeight="40" enableAutoPlay="true" splashTitle="Photographs by Ann Shelbourne" showSplashPage="ALWAYS" imageNavPadding="10" stagePadding="20" flickrShowTitle="false" shareUrl="www.shelbourne-america.net" showOpenButton="false" useFullscreenExpand="true" galleryTitle="Lemurs & Friends" backButtonUrl="https://shelbourne-america.net/index.html" resizeOnImport="false" imageQuality="99" thumbWidth="50" thumbHeight="50" useLargeImages="true" largeImageWidth="2560" largeImageHeight="1600" largeImageQuality="99" useSmallImages="true" smallImageQuality="99" enableDirectLinks="true" showInfoButton="true" imageTransitionTime="0.6" backgroundScale="NONE" showSmallBackButton="true" backgroundColor="rgba(204,204,204,1)" captionBackColor="rgba(51,51,51,0.3)" imageShadowBlur="8" buttonBarBackColor="rgba(51,51,51,0.3)" thumbShadowColor="rgba(0,0,0,1)" imageShadowColor="rgba(0,0,0,1)" expandedBackgroundColor="rgba(204,204,204,1)" textShadowColor="rgba(0,0,0,1)" thumbShadowBlur="3" backButtonHAlign="CENTER" galleryDescription="Lemurs & Friends">
<image imageURL="images/_DSC0470-web.jpg" thumbURL="thumbs/_DSC0470-web.jpg" linkURL="images/_DSC0470-web.jpg" linkTarget="_blank" sourcePath="/Users/ann_/Ann Photographs/JPEGS for Web Galleries 2019/Bronx Zoo/_DSC0470-web.jpg">
<title>
<![CDATA[ _DSC0470-web ]]>
</title>
<caption>
<![CDATA[ ]]>
</caption>
</image>
<image imageURL="images/_DSC0468.jpg" thumbURL="thumbs/_DSC0468.jpg" linkURL="images/_DSC0468.jpg" linkTarget="_blank" sourcePath="/Users/ann_/Ann Photographs/JPEGS for Web Galleries 2019/Bronx Zoo/_DSC0468.jpg">
<title>
<![CDATA[ _DSC0468 ]]>
</title>
<caption>
<![CDATA[ ]]>
</caption>
</image>
<image imageURL="images/_DSC0466.jpg" thumbURL="thumbs/_DSC0466.jpg" linkURL="images/_DSC0466.jpg" linkTarget="_blank" sourcePath="/Users/ann_/Ann Photographs/JPEGS for Web Galleries 2019/Bronx Zoo/_DSC0466.jpg">
<title>
<![CDATA[ _DSC0466 ]]>
</title>
<caption>
<![CDATA[ ]]>
</caption>
</image>
<image imageURL="images/_DSC0670-web.jpg" thumbURL="thumbs/_DSC0670-web.jpg" linkURL="images/_DSC0670-web.jpg" linkTarget="_blank" sourcePath="/Users/ann_/Ann Photographs/JPEGS for Web Galleries 2019/Bronx Zoo/_DSC0670-web.jpg">
<title>
<![CDATA[ _DSC0670-web ]]>
</title>
<caption>
<![CDATA[ ]]>
</caption>
</image>
<image imageURL="images/_DSC0619_Gorilla-Mom-&-child-web.jpg" thumbURL="thumbs/_DSC0619_Gorilla-Mom-&-child-web.jpg" linkURL="images/_DSC0619_Gorilla-Mom-&-child-web.jpg" linkTarget="_blank" sourcePath="/Users/ann_/Ann Photographs/JPEGS for Web Galleries 2019/Bronx Zoo/_DSC0619_Gorilla-Mom-&-child-web.jpg">
<title>
<![CDATA[ _DSC0619_Gorilla-Mom-&-child-web ]]>
</title>
<caption>
<![CDATA[ ]]>
</caption>
</image>
<image imageURL="images/_DSC0661-YoungGorilla.jpg" thumbURL="thumbs/_DSC0661-YoungGorilla.jpg" linkURL="images/_DSC0661-YoungGorilla.jpg" linkTarget="_blank" sourcePath="/Users/ann_/Ann Photographs/JPEGS for Web Galleries 2019/Bronx Zoo/_DSC0661-YoungGorilla.jpg">
<title>
<![CDATA[ _DSC0661-YoungGorilla ]]>
</title>
<caption>
<![CDATA[ ]]>
</caption>
</image>
<image imageURL="images/_DSC5025-Gelado-Baboon-web.jpg" thumbURL="thumbs/_DSC5025-Gelado-Baboon-web.jpg" linkURL="images/_DSC5025-Gelado-Baboon-web.jpg" linkTarget="_blank" sourcePath="/Users/ann_/Ann Photographs/JPEGS for Web Galleries 2019/Bronx Zoo/_DSC5025-Gelado-Baboon-web.jpg">
<title>
<![CDATA[ _DSC5025-Gelado-Baboon-web ]]>
</title>
<caption>
<![CDATA[ ]]>
</caption>
</image>
<image imageURL="images/_DSC4982-Lion-web_small.jpg" thumbURL="thumbs/_DSC4982-Lion-web_small.jpg" linkURL="images/_DSC4982-Lion-web_small.jpg" linkTarget="_blank" sourcePath="/Users/ann_/Ann Photographs/JPEGS for Web Galleries 2019/Bronx Zoo/_DSC4982-Lion-web_small.jpg">
<title>
<![CDATA[ _DSC4982-Lion-web_small ]]>
</title>
<caption>
<![CDATA[ ]]>
</caption>
</image>
<image imageURL="images/_DSC5680_Silvery_Lutung.jpg" thumbURL="thumbs/_DSC5680_Silvery_Lutung.jpg" linkURL="images/_DSC5680_Silvery_Lutung.jpg" linkTarget="_blank" sourcePath="/Users/ann_/Ann Photographs/JPEGS for Web Galleries 2019/Bronx Zoo/_DSC5680_Silvery_Lutung.jpg">
<title>
<![CDATA[ _DSC5680_Silvery_Lutung ]]>
</title>
<caption>
<![CDATA[ ]]>
</caption>
</image>
<image imageURL="images/_DSC0598-web.jpg" thumbURL="thumbs/_DSC0598-web.jpg" linkURL="images/_DSC0598-web.jpg" linkTarget="_blank" sourcePath="/Users/ann_/Ann Photographs/JPEGS for Web Galleries 2019/Bronx Zoo/_DSC0598-web.jpg">
<title>
<![CDATA[ _DSC0598-web ]]>
</title>
<caption>
<![CDATA[ ]]>
</caption>
</image>
<image imageURL="images/_DSC6966-webNG.jpg" thumbURL="thumbs/_DSC6966-webNG.jpg" linkURL="images/_DSC6966-webNG.jpg" linkTarget="_blank" sourcePath="/Users/ann_/Ann Photographs/JPEGS for Web Galleries 2019/Bronx Zoo/_DSC6966-webNG.jpg">
<title>
<![CDATA[ _DSC6966-webNG ]]>
</title>
<caption>
<![CDATA[ ]]>
</caption>
</image>
<image imageURL="images/_DSC6044-Grimacing-Baboon.jpg" thumbURL="thumbs/_DSC6044-Grimacing-Baboon.jpg" linkURL="images/_DSC6044-Grimacing-Baboon.jpg" linkTarget="_blank" sourcePath="/Users/ann_/Ann Photographs/JPEGS for Web Galleries 2019/Bronx Zoo/_DSC6044-Grimacing-Baboon.jpg">
<title>
<![CDATA[ _DSC6044-Grimacing-Baboon ]]>
</title>
<caption>
<![CDATA[ ]]>
</caption>
</image>
<image imageURL="images/_DSC0530-web.jpg" thumbURL="thumbs/_DSC0530-web.jpg" linkURL="images/_DSC0530-web.jpg" linkTarget="_blank" sourcePath="/Users/ann_/Ann Photographs/JPEGS for Web Galleries 2019/Bronx Zoo/_DSC0530-web.jpg">
<title>
<![CDATA[ _DSC0530-web ]]>
</title>
<caption>
<![CDATA[ ]]>
</caption>
</image>
<image imageURL="images/_DSC6048-Gelado_Baboon_teeth.jpg" thumbURL="thumbs/_DSC6048-Gelado_Baboon_teeth.jpg" linkURL="images/_DSC6048-Gelado_Baboon_teeth.jpg" linkTarget="_blank" sourcePath="/Users/ann_/Ann Photographs/JPEGS for Web Galleries 2019/Bronx Zoo/_DSC6048-Gelado_Baboon_teeth.jpg">
<title>
<![CDATA[ _DSC6048-Gelado_Baboon_teeth ]]>
</title>
<caption>
<![CDATA[ ]]>
</caption>
</image>
<image imageURL="images/_DSC5787-Giraffes-webNG.jpg" thumbURL="thumbs/_DSC5787-Giraffes-webNG.jpg" linkURL="images/_DSC5787-Giraffes-webNG.jpg" linkTarget="_blank" sourcePath="/Users/ann_/Ann Photographs/JPEGS for Web Galleries 2019/Bronx Zoo/_DSC5787-Giraffes-webNG.jpg">
<title>
<![CDATA[ _DSC5787-Giraffes-webNG ]]>
</title>
<caption>
<![CDATA[ ]]>
</caption>
</image>
<image imageURL="images/_DSC6038-Nubian-Ibex_web.jpg" thumbURL="thumbs/_DSC6038-Nubian-Ibex_web.jpg" linkURL="images/_DSC6038-Nubian-Ibex_web.jpg" linkTarget="_blank" sourcePath="/Users/ann_/Ann Photographs/JPEGS for Web Galleries 2019/Bronx Zoo/_DSC6038-Nubian-Ibex_web.jpg">
<title>
<![CDATA[ _DSC6038-Nubian-Ibex_web ]]>
</title>
<caption>
<![CDATA[ ]]>
</caption>
</image>
<image imageURL="images/_DSC6055_Gelado-webNG.jpg" thumbURL="thumbs/_DSC6055_Gelado-webNG.jpg" linkURL="images/_DSC6055_Gelado-webNG.jpg" linkTarget="_blank" sourcePath="/Users/ann_/Ann Photographs/JPEGS for Web Galleries 2019/Bronx Zoo/_DSC6055_Gelado-webNG.jpg">
<title>
<![CDATA[ _DSC6055_Gelado-webNG ]]>
</title>
<caption>
<![CDATA[ ]]>
</caption>
</image>
<image imageURL="images/_DSC5739-WildDog.jpg" thumbURL="thumbs/_DSC5739-WildDog.jpg" linkURL="images/_DSC5739-WildDog.jpg" linkTarget="_blank" sourcePath="/Users/ann_/Ann Photographs/JPEGS for Web Galleries 2019/Bronx Zoo/_DSC5739-WildDog.jpg">
<title>
<![CDATA[ _DSC5739-WildDog ]]>
</title>
<caption>
<![CDATA[ ]]>
</caption>
</image>
<image imageURL="images/_DSC5666_EbonyLangur.jpg" thumbURL="thumbs/_DSC5666_EbonyLangur.jpg" linkURL="images/_DSC5666_EbonyLangur.jpg" linkTarget="_blank" sourcePath="/Users/ann_/Ann Photographs/JPEGS for Web Galleries 2019/Bronx Zoo/_DSC5666_EbonyLangur.jpg">
<title>
<![CDATA[ _DSC5666_EbonyLangur ]]>
</title>
<caption>
<![CDATA[ ]]>
</caption>
</image>
<image imageURL="images/_DSC6551_Bears-2.jpg" thumbURL="thumbs/_DSC6551_Bears-2.jpg" linkURL="images/_DSC6551_Bears-2.jpg" linkTarget="_blank" sourcePath="/Users/ann_/Ann Photographs/JPEGS for Web Galleries 2019/Bronx Zoo/_DSC6551_Bears-2.jpg">
<title>
<![CDATA[ _DSC6551_Bears-2 ]]>
</title>
<caption>
<![CDATA[ ]]>
</caption>
</image>
<image imageURL="images/_DSC5577-LionCub_webNG.jpg" thumbURL="thumbs/_DSC5577-LionCub_webNG.jpg" linkURL="images/_DSC5577-LionCub_webNG.jpg" linkTarget="_blank" sourcePath="/Users/ann_/Ann Photographs/JPEGS for Web Galleries 2019/Bronx Zoo/_DSC5577-LionCub_webNG.jpg">
<title>
<![CDATA[ _DSC5577-LionCub_webNG ]]>
</title>
<caption>
<![CDATA[ ]]>
</caption>
</image>
<image imageURL="images/_DSC0688-DisciplenaryAction.jpg" thumbURL="thumbs/_DSC0688-DisciplenaryAction.jpg" linkURL="images/_DSC0688-DisciplenaryAction.jpg" linkTarget="_blank" sourcePath="/Users/ann_/Ann Photographs/JPEGS for Web Galleries 2019/Bronx Zoo/_DSC0688-DisciplenaryAction.jpg">
<title>
<![CDATA[ _DSC0688-DisciplenaryAction ]]>
</title>
<caption>
<![CDATA[ ]]>
</caption>
</image>
<image imageURL="images/_DSC5557-Lion-family-web.jpg" thumbURL="thumbs/_DSC5557-Lion-family-web.jpg" linkURL="images/_DSC5557-Lion-family-web.jpg" linkTarget="_blank" sourcePath="/Users/ann_/Ann Photographs/JPEGS for Web Galleries 2019/Bronx Zoo/_DSC5557-Lion-family-web.jpg">
<title>
<![CDATA[ _DSC5557-Lion-family-web ]]>
</title>
<caption>
<![CDATA[ ]]>
</caption>
</image>
<image imageURL="images/_DSC5528-nikongear.jpg" thumbURL="thumbs/_DSC5528-nikongear.jpg" linkURL="images/_DSC5528-nikongear.jpg" linkTarget="_blank" sourcePath="/Users/ann_/Ann Photographs/JPEGS for Web Galleries 2019/Bronx Zoo/_DSC5528-nikongear.jpg">
<title>
<![CDATA[ _DSC5528-nikongear ]]>
</title>
<caption>
<![CDATA[ ]]>
</caption>
</image>
</juiceboxgallery>

------
The Index is fully coded too but none of the browsers which I have can open it. They all (and Dreamweaver too) can show the HTML code but they can't display the Gallery.

I did do a complete removal of all files related to JB before doing a fresh installation of both it and Harman Air but still no joy.

The first line in the Config's xml refers to there being no CSS.

Could that be causing the problem?

I should have read your Tips and Tricks!
because the answer to my "Config not found" problem was there in plain sight!

I had disabled local file restrictions in Safari previously but had not noticed that my installation of Big Sur had unchecked the option again.

So all is now well, and I can once again build JB Pro Galleries successfully!

:)

I'm glad that you've been able to resolve your problem and that all is well.
Thank you for posting back to let me know. It's most appreciated.
I hope everything runs a little more smoothly for you in the future!