1 (edited by bauchladen 2012-11-08 12:29:56)

Topic: Error 404, and no "add/create Gallery"-Button or 'Add Gallery' screen.

I have installed the plugin in Wordpress as described in the Manual to give your Plugin a try.

1.) There is no button to create a gallery in the Manage-Galleries Page. There are only "Delete all galleries", "set default", and "reset default" Buttons.  and there is also no  'Add Gallery' screen.  Do i miss something?

2.) Then i try to add a gallery via article, as described in the Manual. I opened the Editor, and clicked the "Add Juicebox Gallery" Button. An overlay-Dialog opened with the following Message:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /wp-content/plugins/wp-juicebox/jb-config.php on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

? I have no idea to get it run ? I use WordPress 3.4.2.

Any Ideas?

Carsten

Re: Error 404, and no "add/create Gallery"-Button or 'Add Gallery' screen.

1.) There is no button to create a gallery in the Manage-Galleries Page. There are only "Delete all galleries", "set default", and "reset default" Buttons.  and there is also no  'Add Gallery' screen.  Do i miss something? 

It is not possible to create galleries on the 'Manage Galleries' page.
Galleries are created on the 'Add' or 'Edit' WordPress post pages by clicking on the 'Add Juicebox Gallery' text button (if in 'HTML' mode) or the Juicebox icon button (if in 'Visual' mode). Please see the Adding a Gallery section for details.

2.) Then i try to add a gallery via article, as described in the Manual. I opened the Editor, and clicked the "Add Juicebox Gallery" Button. An overlay-Dialog opened with the following Message:

The error 404 suggests that the 'jb-config.php' does not exist on your web server (at least not in the correct location).
Please check that this file exists in the correct location and, if necessary, try re-uploading the entire plugin to your 'wp-content/plugins/' folder to ensure that all WP-Juicebox files are present and correct.

3 (edited by bauchladen 2012-11-08 13:22:42)

Thank you for your reply. I think all files are in the right place with the right permissions. I checked this with my ftp-Programm:

/blog/wp-content/plugins/wp-juicebox/ (my blog is installed in a subfolder called "blog")

I reinstall an activate it, but i get the same Error-Message, when i try to add a gallery.

First of all, please check that your web server meets all the requirements for WP-Juicebox v1.2.0 and make sure that you are logged in as an Administrator.

Try adding a gallery by either:
(1) clicking the 'Add Juicebox Gallery' text button (in 'HTML' mode), or...
(2) clicking the Juicebox icon button (in 'Visual' mode)
Do you get the same error message when trying both of the above methods?

Another user recently experienced a similar problem when using the BulletProof Security plugin.
If you use this plugin, please see this forum thread: http://juicebox.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=369
You may need to add the following code to your root .htaccess file in order to configure BulletProof Security to work with WP-Juicebox.

# Juicebox skip/bypass rule
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/blog/wp-content/plugins/wp-juicebox/ [NC]
RewriteRule . - [S=13]

If you do not use the BulletProof Security plugin, then there may be a conflict with a different plugin.
Try temporarily deactivating all your plugins and reactive them one-by-one (checking to see if you can successfully add a Juicebox gallery after reactivating each one) until you find the conflict.