1 (edited by jwcalvert 2020-04-18 19:05:59)

Topic: thumb frame colour will not change [SOLVED]

I am trying to change the thumb frame colour but it remains a faded white.
I have tried by changing every "thumb" option in the XML file and still no luck.
What am I missing?
Thanks

Re: thumb frame colour will not change [SOLVED]

The thumbnail frame color is set via the thumbFrameColor configuration option which can be found in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro's 'Customize -> Lite' section.

If editing a gallery's 'config.xml' file manually, then the value for thumbFrameColor can be in hexadecimal or rgba notation. (JuiceboxBuilder-Pro uses rgba notation as it supports the alpha channel for transparency.)
For example, for a solid red color, you could use either:

thumbFrameColor="#ff0000"

... or:

thumbFrameColor="rgba(255,0,0,1)"

If you do not see the change in color immediately after editing your gallery's 'config.xml' file, then please try completely clearing your browser's cache to ensure that your browser is fetching the most recent version of your gallery's 'config.xml' file (rather than an older, cached version).

Also, please note that thumbFrameColor is a Large Screen Mode configuration option which is not used when the gallery is displayed in Small Screen Mode (usually on mobile devices).
This is noted in the short description for thumbFrameColor in the Lite Options section of the Config Options page.

I hope this helps.
However, if you continue to experience difficulties, then please post back with the URL to your gallery's web page so that I can see the problem for myself.
Once I'm able to see the gallery live on your web server, I should hopefully be able to determine the exact cause of the problem and propose a solution.
Thank you.

Thanks for your note.  I was typing in the colour in the wrong format.

Thank you for the update. I'll mark this thread as [SOLVED].

Just for the record, when manually entering values for color configuration options, Juicebox accepts 3-digit hex values (#rgb) and 6-digit hex values (#rrggbb), both with or without a leading hash, and rgba notation (rgba(r,g,b,a)) if you want to use transparency.
Unfortunately, Juicebox does not yet support 8-digit hex values (#rrggbbaa) although I've notified the developers of this and it may be considered for a future version.