Topic: Can API add galleries or photos to gallery?

Is there a Juicebox API method that allows me to programmatically support the following:

I have multiple users in a multiplayer game where, as they advance through the game levels they collect images . Based on their current level they have different permissions to view different galleries as well as the set of images that populate those galleries (up to 20 images per gallery).

I think I need to programmatically create the galleries and programmatically add a list of images to those galleries. I don’t think dynamically creating physical XML config files for each user or level is very scalable. Even if I created an xml file for each level, I would still potentially need 1000+ config files

My site is HTLM5 & Javascript/JQuery with an ASP.NET back-end.

Any suggestions on how I could accomplish this using Juicebox is very much appreciated.

Re: Can API add galleries or photos to gallery?

Can API add galleries or photos to gallery?

Unfortunately not.
The Juicebox-Pro API allows a gallery to interact with its web page. For example, you can add custom buttons to your gallery's web page (outside the gallery) to perform gallery functions (like navigating between images).

The API does not provide a way to automatically generate a gallery or to add images to an existing gallery.
(I should also note that it is not possible to add images to a gallery which is already being displayed. If you were to somehow programmatically add image entries to a gallery's 'confixg.xml' file, then the gallery would need to be reloaded to display the new images.)

I don't think there's an easy way to achieve what you're looking to do.
I think it would be a lot of work and, as far as I am aware, there is no script that you could use as a starting point to save you from writing everything from scratch.

I'm sorry it's not better news but I can't think of anything that might make your task a little easier.