Topic: jAlbum Preview Not Showing All Thumbs

Using jAlbum 10.10.7 and the latest version of the Juicebox skin* (with Pro options), I just added a few photos to an existing album, made the album, and went to Preview it. When I did so, the browser (Firefox 16.0.2) showed the main image, and the row of thumbnails below. However, only the first thumbnail was actually shown; the rest of the thumbnail line contained "blank" thumbnails. The remaining thumbnails were filled in as soon as I moved the mouse to the thumbnail area (without actually clicking on anything - just moving the mouse down there).

I tried this again, after shutting down and restarting jAlbum, and then just pressing F12. Same thing, except that 11 of 14 thumbnails were filled in (and thus three not filled in), until I moved the mouse to the bottom of the page. And one more shot, and this time just the first thumb was filled in again.

I don't recall having this Preview quirk occur using earlier versions of jbcore (which I copied yesterday from C:\Program Files\JuiceboxBuilder-Pro\template\ to C:\Users\[Me]\AppData\Roaming\jAlbum\skins\Juicebox\res\juicebox\). By the way, the finished (hosted, non-local) product - i.e., after the jAlbum Upload - worked fine.

* (Actually, I don't really know how to determine the version of a skin in jAlbum. I didn't get a notification that a new JB skin exists when I fired up jAlbum, and JB is my default skin, so I'm really just assuming that I'm using the latest version.)

Cheers,

Bill

Re: jAlbum Preview Not Showing All Thumbs

When I did so, the browser (Firefox 16.0.2) showed the main image, and the row of thumbnails below. However, only the first thumbnail was actually shown; the rest of the thumbnail line contained "blank" thumbnails.

This is a known issue which affects only Firefox and, as you have discovered, only happens when previewing galleries locally on your computer (and not when the galleries have been uploaded to a web server).
I think this issue is likely to be related to the issue you reported in this forum thread. It certainly seems to manifest itself under similar conditions (same browser, local only and hovering mouse over problem area clears it).
A bug report has been logged but a solution has not yet been found.

Actually, I don't really know how to determine the version of a skin in jAlbum.

Open the 'changelog.txt' file in the skin's folder ('Tools -> Open Directories -> Skin directory') to check which version of the skin you have installed.
The current version of the skin is v1.2.0 and it can be downloaded from here.
I will include the skin's version number in the skin settings interface in the next version.

Re: jAlbum Preview Not Showing All Thumbs

Steven,

I had actually forgotten about that earlier post (despite my creating the YouTube entry, etc.). Seems the Preview problem's now moved from the main image to the thumbnails.

I just upgraded the jAlbum skin; thanks for the tip. When I fired up jAlbum just now, it also told me that there was an update (1.2.0) available.