Topic: Suddenly all my juicebox galleries stopped to work [SOLVED]

In the morning all is working fine but suddenly all my juicebox galleries stopped to work.

I use wp-juicebox plugin in Wordpress an wp-juicebox pro in my old html/css pages.

As I can see in flickr foruns everything is ok and my flickr account is ok too. I realy don't understand what is happening.

Can you help me?

Ny WP site is : http://espirito-de-aventura.com/

My old pages: http://espirito-de-aventura.com/Site/index.html

Thank you

Alberto Calé

Re: Suddenly all my juicebox galleries stopped to work [SOLVED]

Thank you for reporting this problem.

Unfortunately, it looks like Flickr may have changed their API, resulting in galleries using flickrSetId failing to display images (although I can find no documentation of this change on Flickr's website).

I'm not sure if this is a temporary glitch or a permanent change but I have notified the developers who will certainly investigate further.
In the meantime, it looks like the problem affects only flickrSetId so a workaround would be to use a flickrUserName or flickrUserId in conjunction with flickrTags instead.

I'll post back in this thread when I have any further new on this issue.

Thank you very much Steve

All my WP site is based in flickr gallerys and my Flickr account have 45000 photos with hundreds of sets. More than 300 hundred of them could be seen in my WP pages.

It's a lot of work and time spend with this hobby.

As a Pro client in Flickr i'll try to contact them too.

I'll wait for news from you too.

Thanky you very much by the support.

Alberto Calé

To give you a little more background on the problem, the JSON representation of the data returned by the Flickr API photosets.getPhotosmethod used to return a variable named 'total' (giving the total number of images in the specified set). Juicebox uses this variable but it no longer seems to be available.
I notice in the Flickr API forum that this seems to have happened before (check out this forum thread from a couple of years ago) where a user reported that both 'total' and 'pages' were missing from photosets. It looks like they returned back then (and hopefully will again).
I'll certainly keep this thread up to date with any news I receive from the developers but I really do not know when this might be.
Until then, the best solution would be to host the gallery images on your own web server.
I realise that, for your own scenario, this would be a huge undertaking but you'd ultimately be relying on one less external factor and be more in control of your gallery images.
I'll post back when I have any more news on the subject.

Yikes! I'm having this same issue and using this for several clients and one of them is irate! So will the username/ID fix this? So setID can't be used anymore? Help!

I have checked a sample photoset_id in the Flickr Api Explorer for flickr.photosets.getPhotos and notice that the 'title' variable has returned to the JSON data.
I also see that espirito-de-aventura's flickrSetId based gallery is back up and running.

It looks like this has just been a temporary glitch in the Flickr API which has now been resolved.
Please post back if you encounter any further problems with Flickr sets.
Thank you.

Hi Steven

Now everything is working fine.

Thank you very much for all support and for the good ideas to try to resolve this issue.

Very good support as allways.

A big hug from Portugal.

Alberto Calé

You're welcome!
I'm glad that everything is working again.

Thank you for posting your query over in the Flickr forum.
I was just about to post in the Flickr forum myself earlier on (with further details of the problem from my own tests) when I checked and noticed that things were back to normal.

Hopefully everything will run smoothly from now on.