Topic: Images won't display on mobile phone browser

I recently created my first gallery for my wife's latest art work, following the directions carefully using the JuiceBox app on a Windows PC. Everything went fine; I accepted the defaults for resizing and file organization and uploaded everything to my Godaddy-hosted server. The gallery displays just fine on any browser on my computer, but the thumbnail and main images do not show up using Chrome or Firefox browsers on my Galaxy 7 phone.
Here's the link to the gallery:
http://www.jivamedia.com/dawnart2/
Charley M

Re: Images won't display on mobile phone browser

I have viewed your gallery's web page in Mobile Safari and Mobile Chrome on my iPhone 7 running iOS 13.1.2 (I do not have a Samsung Galaxy device on which to test) and your gallery displays and functions as it should.

Please note that on mobile devices, the gallery will be displayed in Small Screen Mode where thumbnails and main images are displayed on separate pages (to give the main images more room to be displayed).
More information on Screen Modes and how Juicebox adapts to different devices and screen sizes can be found in the Gallery Tour.

What exactly do you see when you try to view your gallery?
Do you see a blank area where the gallery should be, an error message or something else?

If you see just a blank area where the gallery should be, then it sounds like you might be viewing the gallery over a 3G/4G connection (instead of Wi-Fi) and that your network provider might be using content modification (which can break websites which rely heavily on JavaScript).
If this is the case, then please see this FAQ which has a solution to the problem.
Why can't I view my gallery on a 3G mobile connection?

I hope this helps.
Please let me know how you get on.
Thank you.

It's very interesting that you can view our gallery on an iPhone! While we have struggled for years with poor internet, we recently installed Etheric WiFi and our internet connection is now excellent, so 3G/4G is not the issue. We have Google WiFi in our house and excellent connection all the time. Streaming 4k TV is awesome!
What I see is blank icons on the initial page, and when I click on any icon, the hexagonal spinner continues and doesn't load any of the full images.
Charley

Thank you for the additional information.

I've just cleared my Mobile Safari and Mobile Chrome caches and have reloaded your gallery again in both browsers on my iPhone.
All five thumbnails appear as expected (no blank icons) and the images load almost instantly (no hexagonal spinner) when the thumbnails are clicked.

There certainly seems to be no problem with the gallery files on your web server (or the speed of the web server itself).
This seems to suggest that the problem may lie with either your device or internet connection (although, from what you say, neither seems likely).
Please try viewing our own demo galleries in Chrome on your Galaxy 7 to see if the same thing happens and let me know what you see.
It might help us to pinpoint the root of the problem. Thank you.

Demo Galleries: https://www.juicebox.net/demos/

Since your last message, it now partially displays the gallery: only 4 out of the 10 images in the gallery (#5, 6, 7. 8 only.)
So only those four icon images appear and those are the only ones that display the full images as well.  Very weird.
Charley

I forgot to mention that all the demos display just fine and very quickly, so I'm really confused as to the cause.
Charley

I've just viewed your gallery again and all ten of your images (both thumbnails and main images) display fine and quickly for me (on my iPhone 7). Again, I cleared my browser's cache to be sure that my browser was not displaying older cached data and was fetching everything afresh from your web server.

Try clearing your own browser's cache before reloading your gallery's web page to see if this helps.