1 (edited by ole 2012-07-18 08:19:44)

Topic: Shadow around the pics [SOLVED]

Hello,
where can i delet the shadow around the main-pics?

Thanks for help!

Ole

Re: Shadow around the pics [SOLVED]

Open the file 'jbcore/classic/theme.css' in a plain text editor and remove lines 143-145 inclusive (which control the drop shadow around the main image):

-moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px rgba(0, 0, 0, .4);
-webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px rgba(0, 0, 0, .4);
box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px rgba(0, 0, 0, .4);

Thank you, it works fine :-)

Hello,
how does this work in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro 1.2?

I have removed the lines 174-178 and lines 667-673, but the shadow is still there.

Thanks for help!

Ole

The drop shadows for both the thumbnails and main images are now configurable (independently of each other) within the JuiceboxBuilder-Pro interface (as of v1.2.0). There is no longer the need to manually edit the 'juicebox.css' file.
In JuiceboxBuilder-Pro, to remove the drop shadow for the thumbnails, go the the 'Customize -> Thumbnails' section and set 'Thumb Shadow Blur' to '0'.
Likewise, to remove the drop shadow for the main images, go the the 'Customize -> Main Image' section and set 'Image Shadow Blur' to '0'.
After making changes to a gallery, you may need to clear your browser's cache before reloading the gallery in order to see the changes.

Thank you, works fine.
And how can i delete the shadow of the caption?

Thanks for help!

Ole

The drop shadow for the captions is not configurable from within the JuiceboxBuilder-Pro interface.
Edit the 'jbcore/classic/theme.css' file in a plain text editor and remove line 215:

text-shadow: 1px 1px 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.5);

(The line number refers to Juicebox-Pro v1.2.0.)

Thank you, works fine.

Thanks for help!

Ole

Hello,
how can i delete the shadow of the galleryTitle ?

Thanks for help!

Ole

To remove the drop-shadow from the Gallery Title in Large Screen Mode, edit the 'jbcore/classic/theme.css' file in a plain text editor and remove line 261:

text-shadow: 1px 1px 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.5), 0 0 5px rgba(0,0,0,0.2);

To remove the drop-shadow from the Gallery Title in Small Screen Mode, remove line 678:

(The line numbers refer to Juicebox-Pro v1.2.0.)

Steven wrote:

To remove the drop-shadow from the Gallery Title in Small Screen Mode, remove line 678:

I tried this but the file ends at line 635.

I did upgrade to 1.2, but replaced the jbcore folder in order to keep my old edits. I thought that's what I was told to do but perhaps it was a mistake?

Everything else works fine.

I did upgrade to 1.2, but replaced the jbcore folder in order to keep my old edits.

In replacing the 'jbcore' folder in a gallery, you are converting the gallery to the version of Juicebox whose package the 'jbcore' folder came from.
The 'jbcore' fodler is the core Juicebox (non-image) part of the gallery.
When you upgrade Juicebox, the 'jbcore/classic/theme.css' file may change, in which case you would need to incorporate any customizations into the new file (rather than just replace it with your old one).

With regard to your query about removing the drop-shadow from the Gallery Title, as I mentioned, the line number I quoted refers to the 'jbcore/classic/theme.css' file from Juicebox-Pro v1.2.0.
It sounds like you wish to remove all drop-shadows from the gallery, in which case just open the 'jbcore/classic/theme.css' file in a plain text editor, search the file for all instances of 'shadow' and remove all the lines which contain this search term.

Thanks Steven.
So, if I have an older version of jbcore folder, is there any functionality that I'm losing?The features of v. 1.2 so far all seem to work. I need to figure out if it makes sense to use the new jbcore, which would mean a bunch of extra work.

Please see the Juicebox - Version History for a full list of changes between versions.
If you use, for example, Juicebox-Pro v1.1.1, you would not be able to use the thumbsPosition 'LEFT' and 'RIGHT' options which were introduced in Juicebox-Pro v1.2.0.
Also, there are usually several bugfixes between versions so I would recommend keeping your version of Juicebox-Pro up-to-date.

I realise that the config file now includes a shadow option, but I want a drop-shadow effect that looks like this:

Link removed.

The config file just seems to add a blurred shadow around the entire image. I've tried applying the correct parameters to just about every element I can think of in the CSS file, and it has no effect. Am I missing something?

@mustard

For a drop-shadow to the right and bottom of the main image in your gallery, try adding the following code to the end of your gallery's 'jbcore/classic/theme.css' file:

.jb-dt-main-frame .jb-dt-main-image {
    -moz-box-shadow: 10px 10px 10px rgba(0, 0, 0, .4) !important;
    -webkit-box-shadow: 10px 10px 10px rgba(0, 0, 0, .4) !important;
    box-shadow: 10px 10px 10px rgba(0, 0, 0, .4) !important;
}

You may also wish to increase the imagePadding configuration option in your gallery's XML file from the default value of 0 to something like 20 to accommodate the drop-shadow at the bottom of the main image.

Steven wrote:

@mustard

For a drop-shadow to the right and bottom of the main image in your gallery, try adding the following code to the end of your gallery's 'jbcore/classic/theme.css' file:

.jb-dt-main-frame .jb-dt-main-image {
    -moz-box-shadow: 10px 10px 10px rgba(0, 0, 0, .4) !important;
    -webkit-box-shadow: 10px 10px 10px rgba(0, 0, 0, .4) !important;
    box-shadow: 10px 10px 10px rgba(0, 0, 0, .4) !important;
}

You may also wish to increase the imagePadding configuration option in your gallery's XML file from the default value of 0 to something like 20 to accommodate the drop-shadow at the bottom of the main image.

That worked absolutely perfectly. Thanks :)

As of v1.4.4.1, Juicebox-Pro now features the following shadow-related configuration options so manually modifying CSS code should no longer be required: imageShadowColor, textShadowColor, thumbShadowColor, imageShadowBlur, thumbShadowBlur

Short descriptions of each configuration option can be found in the Config Options page.