Topic: Expanded View is behind on my webpage

I'm experimenting with adding the "Expanded View" option.  When enabled it is under the main webpage - here's the test gallery:

http://www.pebbleplace.com/Galleries/3_Bonham.html

I tried adding an ordering parameter to the full.html code (a desperate guess on my part) and that had no impact.  I'm no HTML / CSS whiz, so this is just a lot guessing & googling. 

The problem is how the gallery is embedded into my webpage, but I don't what to change.  This is a stand alone webpage accessing the same XML file, etc., and its layer ordering is fine:

http://www.pebbleplace.com/offload/Gall … onham.html

Thank you for the help.  John

Re: Expanded View is behind on my webpage

This seems to be related to the opacity of the gallery and the use of 'z-index' (a CSS property used to specify the stack order of elements) on your web page.
If I remove all instances of 'z-index' from your web page, the expanded gallery displays on top of all elements.
(Leaving all instances of 'z-index' on your web page, positioning the gallery's <div> absolutely and giving it a 'z-index' greater than any other element on your page does not seem to help.)
Alternatively, if I change the opacity of the gallery from 0 to 1, the expanded gallery, once again, displays on top of all elements.
I will log a bug report but hopefully my findings above will allow you to find a suitable workaround in the meantime.

3 (edited by pebbleplace 2012-07-01 22:17:01)

Hi Steven -

Thank you for looking into this.  I do not think this is an opacity issue.  The 2nd URL shows a stand alone version layering itself correctly.  The top URL is the actual web page in production.  That web page look like this in expanded mode in both Firefox and Safari:

http://www.pebbleplace.com/offload/For_Sale/Juicebox_Oddness.jpg

The expanded view is actually under the main web-page.

The gallery in your second URL works OK because no elements on the page have been assigned a 'z-index'.
When 'z-index' is assigned to containers on your page (such as the page in your first URL), the only way to ensure that the gallery displays on top of all elements in your gallery in fullscreen mode is to make the gallery's background opacity 1. If the background opacity is less than 1, the main image should still be displayed on top of all other elements but it is not.
I have been able to replicate this problem and have logged a bug report so hopefully it will be fixed in the next version.

I was just fighting a similar battle, while using the lite version as trial before buying. Setting opacity is effective as workaround.

The perfect solution IMO would be if we could set a Z-index for the expanded view in the theme.css. This option would provide some freedom in bringing the gallery in front of the main page, while leaving a title or so on top.

Would this be much to ask for a future version?
Thanks, Erik

As I mentioned above, I have already notified the developers of this but I would also encourage you to post feature requests in this forum thread. It keeps them all together and ensures that they are not overlooked. Thank you.