Topic: where can I find xml file to edit for captions

I am searching for an easier way to add my captions in stead of doing it one by one per image. I'm using the wp plugin from juicebox, the pro version. Is there an xml file to edit? if so...where?

Re: where can I find xml file to edit for captions

Galleries created by WP-Juicebox do not use static 'config.xml' files.
All XML data is generated dynamically on-the-fly at the time the gallery is displayed/viewed (so there are no XML files that you can edit manually).
WP-Juicebox generates XML data dynamically to prevent galleries from having to be rebuilt (via a separate user-driven action) when images are added to pages/posts or when image properties (such as titles) are changed.
This behavior is also in keeping with WordPress itself where content is generated dynamically.

As an alternative to using WP-Juicebox, you could create a gallery with JuiceboxBuilder-Pro (so that you have a regular gallery with a 'config.xml' file that you can edit inb a plain text editor) and then embed it into ypour WordPress page/post manually using the baseUrl method of embedding documented here.

(1) Enter your gallery's baseUrl embedding code into a 'Formatting -> Custom HTML' Gutenberg block.

(2) Upload your complete gallery folder to your root directory and use a leading slash in your embedding code paths to denote your root directory. This should work with any permalink structure. For example:

<!--START JUICEBOX EMBED-->
<script src="/gallery_folder/jbcore/juicebox.js"></script>
<script>
    new juicebox({
        baseUrl: "/gallery_folder/",
        containerId: "juicebox-container",
        galleryWidth: "100%",
        galleryHeight: "600",
        backgroundColor: "#222222"
    });
</script>
<div id="juicebox-container"></div>
<!--END JUICEBOX EMBED-->

I hope this helps.

thank you for your clear answer, Steven. I will try this next time for sure.

You're welcome!
I hope you get OK on. Just let me know if you run into any difficulties and I'll do my best to help you out.