Topic: configuration does not work under drupal 8

the per configuration does not work under drupal 8.

how can you make the configuration work?

Re: configuration does not work under drupal 8

If you are using the Juicebox Module for Drupal, then first of all, please make sure that you you are using the Juicebox-Pro 'jbcore' folder from the Juicebox-Pro zip package in Step #3 of the installation instructions here.

Afterwards, you should be able to enter Pro configuration options (such as expandInNewPage="TRUE") into the Juicebox Library - Pro / Manual Config section of your Drupal Dashboard (Home -> Administration -> Structure -> Content types -> Article -> Manage Display -> Juicebox settings).

Pro configuration options should be added as text, for example by typing or pasting expandInNewPage="TRUE" in the Juicebox Library - Pro / Manual Config section. (You will not find individual controls for each Pro configuration option within the module's interface.)

Please note that the Juicebox Module for Drupal is an unofficial plugin which was not written by ourselves.
As such, if you are experiencing difficulties with the module and the module's own documentation (found here) does not help, then I would recommend that you post your query in the Drupal forum where the author of the module (Ryan Jacobs) should be able to help you further.
He is active and very helpful in the Drupal forum and has a much better knowledge that I have of both the module and Drupal itself.

Incidentally, an alternative to using the module would be to create a gallery first on your computer using JuiceboxBuilder-Pro and then embed the gallery into your Drupal page using the baseUrl method of embedding following the Embedding in a Drupal Site instructions.

I hope these notes point you in the right direction.

Thanks, but the download button and the button image in full size can not be disabled.

The default value for showDownloadButton is actually FALSE (i.e. if you do not explicitly set showDownloadButton="TRUE", then the Download Button will not be displayed in the gallery's Button Bar).

The default value for showOpenButton is TRUE but you can disable the Open Image Button by setting showOpenButton="FALSE". (You can set showDownloadButton="FALSE" too, if you like, just to be sure that the Download Button will not be displayed.)

For reference, a list of all configuration options and their default values can be found on the Config Options page.

If you continue to experience difficulties, then please post a link to your gallery's web page so that I can see the gallery for myself. Please let me know what you see and what you expect to see and I'll do my best to help you out.
Please also confirm whether or not you are using the Juicebox Module for Drupal. Thank you.