Topic: fade on safari on ipad not working

have no idea why, but on the ipad the galleries are not running correctly with fading.
all other browser and available devices are fine.

on safari/ipad instead of fading in/out the pic is going slowly lower as soon as you touch the screen.
here is the link to the galleries http://karllouis.com/portfolio.shtml

karl

Re: fade on safari on ipad not working

I think this is due to your unordered list <ul> below the gallery.
All elements of your web page (html, body, 'gallery' div, 'I1' iframe and the gallery itself) have been given heights of 100% so the gallery should fill the browser window (assuming there is no other content on the page).
However, there is an extra element on the page (the <ul>) which takes up height and Mobile Safari is having trouble rendering content which takes up more than 100% of the height of the browser window.
Either give your gallery a fixed pixel height or reduce its height to a smaller percentage and allocate the remainder (100% - gallery height %) to the <ul>.

thanks steven for your support.

safari mobile seemed to loop. so i decided to reduce the gallery div height to 98%  and now it works ...

karl

just noticed that ipad works fine and chrome also, but FF and IEX don't work correctly. this is very strange.
could you have a look?

Ensure that all parent containers of your gallery (up to and including 'body' and 'html') have heights set via CSS.
Try adding the following code to your web page's <head> section:

<style type="text/css">
    body, html {
        height: 100%;
    }
</style>

Otherwise, set your gallery's height (in the embedding code) to an absolute pixel value rather than a percentage.

steven, the hight is set everywhere.
the problem was not that but the juicebox gallery within an iframe.
i changed the structure of the portfolio and did it without iframes and now it seems to work.

thanks for your prompt feedback.

karl

I am glad that your problem has been resolved.
Thank you for posting back to let me know.