Topic: Caption Font Size [SOLVED]

Though I raed about the procedure to enlarge the font size of the immages description I am not able to change it - Can someone help me in this respect?

Thank xou, best regards Peter

https://www.haselau.eu/jb/2019tavastland/index

Re: Caption Font Size [SOLVED]

Unfortunately, there are no configuration options available to change the font size of image titles and captions.

However, you can style individual image titles and captions (for example, to change the font-size) using HTML formatting as noted in this FAQ:
How do I add HTML formatting to image captions and titles?

A sample caption with a font-size of 12px (for example) would look like this:

<span style="font-size: 12px;">Image caption text goes here.</span>

In the gallery's XML configuration file, the caption would look like this:

<caption><![CDATA[<span style="font-size: 12px;">Image caption text goes here.</span>]]></caption>

... but JuiceboxBuilder-Pro will automatically add the <caption> and CDATA tags so you only need to enter the <span> tag (as above) into JuiceboxBuilder-Pro.
(You can do likewise for image titles.)

Otherwise, you can set the size of all image titles and/or captions at once using CSS such as the following (changing the numeric values as appropriate):

/* IMAGE TITLE */
.jb-caption .jb-caption-title {
    font-size: 20px !important;
}

/* IMAGE CAPTION */
.jb-caption .jb-caption-desc {
    font-size: 18px !important;
}

/* IMAGE NUMBER */
.jb-cap-frame .jbac-number {
    font-size: 12px !important;
}

You could add this CSS to the end of your gallery's 'jbcore/classic/theme.css' file or wrap it in <style type="text/css"> ... </style> tags and add it to the end of your gallery web page's <head> section.

I hope this helps.
Please let me know how you get on and if I can be of any further assistance.
Thank you.

Hi back,

thank you very much for Your assistance - great job..

I used the last suggestion to change the theme.css which works perfect for the caption of all images as I don't use image titles and numbers.

You may look now again on the link I've sent you - hope, you agree :-)

best regards,

Peter

thank you very much for Your assistance - great job..

You're welcome!

You may look now again on the link I've sent you - hope, you agree :-)

Yes, your caption size certainly looks good on my laptop screen (the only PC I have access to today).

Incidentally, as you are using image captions and not image titles, an alternative solution might have been to enter your caption text for the image titles (instead of the image captions) as Juicebox assigns a larger font-size for the image titles than it does for the image captions.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the solution you have implemented (your gallery looks good) but I thought I should mention this as a potential alternative solution which does not require any custom coding.
(Of course, using custom CSS, as you currently do, gives you much greater control over the actual font-sizes being used.)