Topic: Juicebox Pro / Photoshop CC only giving 50 images per gallery [SOLVED]

I've had Juicebox Pro for a while now.  Today when I went to make a 93 image gallery for a client, I ran the script as I usually do in Photoshop and it went through it's routine.  I uploaded the gallery to my host, only to find that it cut the images off at 50.

I re-downloaded JuiceboxPro and went into my photoshop scripts folder and changed the script to ~juicebox.js, closed photoshop, opened it back up and ran the script again, but once again after uploading the gallery it still cuts me off at 50. 

Any advice?  Frustrated.

Thanks in advance.

Post's attachments

juicebox.tiff
juicebox.tiff 71.83 kb, 1 downloads since 2019-03-05 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Juicebox Pro / Photoshop CC only giving 50 images per gallery [SOLVED]

I also tried installing the standalone JuiceboxBuilder Pro.  It also only limits me to 50 images for the gallery.

I'm using Mac OS 10.11.06

Just to clarify, Juicebox-Lite (the free version) has an image limit of 50 images per gallery. Juicebox-Pro has no such image limit.

First of all, it looks like your screenshot is showing a gallery folder (named 'christ2019') rather than the template 'jbcore' folder that the Photoshop plugin uses to create galleries.
After a gallery is created by the plugin, there is no need to modify the gallery folder (no need to rename the Pro 'juicebox.js' file to '~juicebox.js' and place it inside the gallery folder).
As long as the plugin has been updated successfully to Juicebox-Pro, galleries created by the plugin will be Pro without any modification necessary.

Also, in your screenshot, I do not see the 'juicebox.php' and 'pswd.php' files (which are present in the Pro 'jbcore' folder but not in the Lite 'jbcore' folder) so it looks like the gallery folder shown in the screenshot is using Juicebox-Lite.

It looks like you'll need to go through the process of upgrading the plugin from Juicebox-Lite (which the plugin comes bundled with) to Juicebox-Pro.
The procedure is outlined on the plugin's support page here.
Here are detailed instructions.
(1) Unzip the Juicebox-Pro zip file (named 'juicebox_pro_1.5.1.zip').
(2) Navigate inside the extracted 'juicebox_pro_1.5.1/web/' folder.
(3) Copy the entire 'jbcore' folder in this location: 'juicebox_pro_1.5.1/web/jbcore'
(4) Paste the entire 'jbcore' folder inside the 'Presets/Scripts/Juicebox/' folder (in your Photoshop folder).
(5) Navigate inside the 'Presets/Scripts/Juicebox/jbcore/' folder and rename the 'juicebox.js' file to '~juicebox.js'.

Once the plugin has the Pro 'jbcore' folder in place, it can only create Pro galleries.

I also tried installing the standalone JuiceboxBuilder Pro.  It also only limits me to 50 images for the gallery.

Please double-check that you are using JuiceboxBuilder-Pro rather than JuiceboxBuilder-Lite.
JuiceboxBuilder-Pro creates only Pro galleries (it cannot create Lite galleries) and JuiceboxBuilder-Lite creates only Lite galleries (it cannot create Pro galleries).
Check your JuiceboxBuilder version (Lite vs Pro) via the 'Help -> About...' option from the drop-down menu at the top.

You can quickly and easily check whether a gallery is Lite or Pro by looking for the Juicebox logo.
All Lite galleries have the Juicebox logo/link in the lower right corner. This branding is not present in any Pro galleries.

I hope my notes above help.
Please let me know how you get on and if I can be of any further assistance.
Thank you.

Edit:
Just in case your browser is caching and using any Lite files, be sure to completely clear your browser's cache before reloading your gallery's web page.

Hi Steven,  Thanks for posting a reply (and emailing me too)

Okay, I deleted all forms of Juicebox from my computer and reinstalled the program the way I had done it previously:

I downloaded the Photoshop  CS2-CS6 template/action and first installed that by putting the whole folder in my Photoshop 2018 folder>Presets>Scripts and dropped the "juicebox_photoshop_template" folder there.

I opened Photoshop and checked my scripts section and it showed Juicebox was there.

Then I closed photoshop down, unzipped the juicebox_pro_1.5.1 download which I redownloaded from the registration email I got way back.  I wen into that juicebox_pro_1.5.1 folder>web> and then copied the entirety of the jbcore folder and then went back to my Photoshop 2018 folder>Presets>Scripts and deleted the first jbcore folder and pasted the jbcore folder from the juicebox_pro_1.5.1.  I then went into the jbcore folder and changed the name from juicebox.js to ˜juicebox.js

I reopened Photoshop, and ran the action on a group of 93 images.

I uploaded everything as I normally to do my server here: http://ceaserphotography.com/clients/testjuicebox/

And that actually seems to be working now.  I'm not sure what I did differently from last night, but it shows all the images at the moment.

*whew*

Thanks!

I'm glad to hear that everything seems to be working as it should.
Thank you for letting me know. (Your step-by-step instructions suggest that you are, indeed, doing everything correctly and, just for the record, I see 93 images in your online gallery.)
I'll mark this thread as solved but please just post back if you run into any further problems.
Thank you.

Thanks again!  It was probably just a dumb Human error on my part and I wasn't going slow enough in my steps.

You guys rock.