Topic: link to gallery from messenger (on iPhone)

Hi all,

I wonder if someone has an idea for the strange issue I have just encountered.
In short, my gallery doesn't work as expected when accessed via a link sent in messenger

On my iPhone 6, when my gallery is opened via a link sent in messenger, there are issues.
- photos dont take whole display (landscape)
- vertical photos are displayed on a half page (once screen tilted) - (ie the vertical photo keeps the same size as when displayed with the screen in landscape mode)

It took me a moment to understand I was not "in safari" , but still in messenger.
Opening the same gallery, same phone, but via safari is fine.

best wishes to all
julian

Re: link to gallery from messenger (on iPhone)

Unfortunately, I think that there is probably little that can be done.
It sounds from your post that the Messenger app has its own internal browser which does not render the Juicebox gallery correctly. (I do not use the Messenger app myself so I could be wrong about this.)
If this is the case, then I think it is unlikely that the developers will modify Juicebox to work within the Messenger app.
The only mobile browsers that are supported are Mobile Chrome and Mobile Safari.

However, just in case the problem can be resolved by upgrading software, please make sure that your versions of iOS, Messenger and Juicebox are all up-to-date. Current versions are:

• iOS: 12.1.4

• Messenger: 202.0

• Juicebox: 1.5.1

Also, please try with a link to one of our own demo galleries to see if the same thing happens (to see if the problem is with all Juicebox galleries or somehow unique to your own... gallery dimensions may play a part in the problem somehow). Try this one: https://www.juicebox.net/demos/pro/default/

Please also post the link to your gallery's web page so that I can take a look at the gallery live on your web server.
Lastly, it might help to see what you are seeing so please post a screenshot of the problem so that I can see what you describe.

I really do not know if anything can be done but with a little more information, I'll be happy to notify the developers and let them know about the issue. Thank you.

Thanks Steven for your swift reply !

All software is update.
Indeed it seems to be the "internal browser of messenger" the cause.

Using the link via Mobile Safari works just fine.

I have reproduced the issue with your gallery https://www.juicebox.net/demos/pro/default/

Sent link via messenger
Clic link in messenger.
(phone is held stand : vertical)
Thumbnails are displayed fine
Clic first pic
Tilt screen horizontal to display the picture larger (as its a horizontal one)
The picture and screen are as expected
Swipe to display next photo (still holding phone horizontal)
The picture and screen are as expected
Tilt screen vertical to display the picture larger (as its a vertical one)
-->> only a half screen is displayed.

Tilt back to get out of this "half screen".

So the issue is vertical photos can not be displayed in "large"

Screen shot attached

Post's attachments

IMG_0939.PNG 676.42 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Many thanks for the details.
As I noted previously, the internal browser within Messenger is not a supported browser so if you share any links to Juicebox galleries within Messenger, it might be worth adding a note along with the link saying something like "For best results, please view in Safari or Chrome."

However, I am very grateful for the extra information that you have provided and I have passed it on to the developers.
Thank you for reporting this issue.