1 (edited by RupertSnigg 2019-01-13 23:22:07)

Topic: Embedded gallery not loading correctly [SOLVED]

I have recently started trying Juicebox-lite, and am impressed with the ease of use. I do have a problem though once I embed the gallery on a website, in that it does not load correctly until I refresh the page. I have read that this appears to be a common glitch, and I have tried a few suggested solutions (alter Viewport code), but still cant get it to work. Do I need to edit css?  If so exactly what should I do? Excuse me - I am a newbie to all this.

Error appears to be the same in all browsers.
I have done a test site to show the problem (click on "Galeri")
Many thanks

(URL now removed, as problem solved)

Re: Embedded gallery not loading correctly [SOLVED]

It looks like you are embedding your gallery into a pop-up window but you are loading your gallery as soon as your web page loads (before the pop-up window exists).
At the time the gallery loads, the pop-up window has no dimensions and the gallery's own dimensions are defined as 100% x 100% (i.e. 100% of the gallery's parent container). Therefore, Juicebox cannot determine the actual dimensions for the gallery (100% of zero is zero).

You could either:
(1) Change the gallery's dimensions to absolute pixel values (both the widths and height) such as '600px' instead of '100%'.
... or:
(2) Put the gallery's embedding code in a Javascript function and run the function (to load the gallery) only after the pop-up window is ready. Try using the following embedding code.

<!--START JUICEBOX EMBED-->
<script src="jbcore/juicebox.js"></script>
<script>
    function loadGallery() {
        new juicebox({
            containerId: "juicebox-container",
            galleryWidth: "100%",
            galleryHeight: "100%",
            backgroundColor: "rgba(34,34,34,1)"
        });
    }
    $(document).ready(function() {
        $("a:contains('Galeri')").click(function() {
            window.setTimeout(function() {
                loadGallery()
            }, 500);
        });
    });
</script>
<div id="juicebox-container"></div>
<!--END JUICEBOX EMBED-->

The short delay (the window.setTimeout() of 500ms) may be required to allow the pop-up window time to generate before the gallery is loaded.

I hope this helps.

I guessed that was the problem, but couldnt work out how to sort it.

Your solution works fine!

Many thanks for sorting this Steven.

Your solution works fine!

That's great! Thank you for letting me know.

Many thanks for sorting this Steven.

You're welcome!