Topic: Thumbnail page navigation query [SOLVED]

Has anyone asked if when there is another page of thumbnails whether the next page number at the bottom could be made into a hyperlink into that page.

My understanding is that the only way one can browse the next batch of thumbnails is by clicking on the final image, enlarging it, paging forward one frame and then calling back the thumbnail mode. Maybe there is another way but it had eluded my experiments and confused some of my viewers.

Re: Thumbnail page navigation query [SOLVED]

@tonygamble

You could turn the paging text into a link to the next page of thumbnails but you'd need to use some custom JavaScript and the Juicebox-Pro API as follows:

<!--START JUICEBOX EMBED-->
<script src="jbcore/juicebox.js"></script>
<script>
    var jb = new juicebox({
        containerId: "juicebox-container",
        showPagingText: "TRUE"
    });
    jb.onInitComplete = function() {
        $('.jb-idx-thb-list-page-number').click(function() {
            var current = jb.getThumbPageIndex(); // Determine the current thumbnail page
            jb.showThumbPage(current + 1); // Show the next thumbnail page
        });
    };
</script>
<div id="juicebox-container"></div>
<!--END JUICEBOX EMBED-->

(You'd need more code to enable looping.)

However, there is a much easier way to navigate between thumbnail pages.

Small Screen Mode (where thumbnails and main images are displayed on separate pages)

On a touch enabled device, you can navigate between thumbnail pages by swiping the screen left (for the previous page of thumbnails) or right (for the next page of thumbnails).
Additionally, you can set showSmallThumbNav="TRUE" (in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro's 'Customize -> Thumbnails' section) to display thumbnail navigation buttons (to the left and right of the thumbnails). This takes up a little more space on the page but might give your users a more intuitive method of navigating between your thumbnail pages.

Large Screen Mode (where thumbnails and main images are displayed together)

In Large Screen Mode, Juicebox automatically displays thumbnail navigation buttons which can be positioned via the thumbNavPosition configuration option (also in 'Customize -> Thumbnails') either:

• CENTER - Vertically centered in the thumbnail area.

• BOTTOM - Below the thumbnail area.

For reference, a list of all Thumbnail Options can be found here.

I hope this helps.

On a touch enabled device, you can navigate between thumbnail pages by swiping the screen left (for the previous page of thumbnails) or right (for the next page of thumbnails).

The above does not work on a PC (as you suggest anyway) and that is where my client query arose.

I'll do the following - hang the space!

Additionally, you can set showSmallThumbNav="TRUE"

The above does not work on a PC (as you suggest anyway) and that is where my client query arose.

Sorry, I should have been more clear.
Swiping thumbnail pages will work only when the gallery is displayed in Small Screen Mode and only when Touch Input Mode is activated (essentially only on mobile devices which do not use a mouse).
Juicebox automatically switches between Touch Input Mode and Mouse Input Mode depending on the device that is being used to view the gallery (there is no user configuration option to override this) and only one Input Mode will be active at any one time (Juicebox will not use both Touch Input Mode and Mouse Input Mode together). On a desktop computer (where the gallery will be displayed in Large Screen Mode by default), Mouse Input Mode will be selected.
There is a short description of Input Modes in the Gallery Tour here.
I hope this helps to clarify things.

I'll do the following - hang the space!

It's certainly a quick and easy solution to your problem. It gives users an intuitive way to navigate between thumbnail pages and does not involve any custom CSS or JavaScript.
I'm glad you're happy with this option. Thank you for letting me know.

Thanks Stephen,

I recreated a folder this morning with the arrows on the thumbnail page and it works fine on my PC.

http://www.tonygamble.uk/After_the_Danc … index.html

Ignore the grain/noise. Call it 'art'.

Tony

Thanks for the link!

Incidentally, I've moved your query from the Feature Requests thread to its own topic here (just to keep this conversation from obscuring feedback and suggestions over there).
Of course, if you have any feature requests that follow on from this conversation (or any other ideas), please feel free to post them in the Feature Requests thread.
Thank you.