Topic: Thumbnails Disapear in IE 8

Hi - Congratulations on the launch of Juicebox! I bought the pro version and setup my page. All is working great on Chrome and Firefox, but when I load my page in IE 8, it loads properly for a second, then the thumbnails vanish. Need some help here, thanks so much!

here's the page:

http://jurick.net

-Michael

Re: Thumbnails Disapear in IE 8

Hi - Congratulations on the launch of Juicebox!

Thank you!

All is working great on Chrome and Firefox, but when I load my page in IE 8, it loads properly for a second, then the thumbnails vanish.

It looks like your <div id="juicebox-content"> is not closed. Put a closing </div> after <!--END JUICEBOX EMBED-->.
Also, you have an open <p> earlier in your page with no corresponding closing </p>.
You can check your page's code with the W3C Validation Markup Service and fix any errors found.
Once your page validates, it is more likely to be displayed with greater consistency across different browsers and hopefully your IE8 problem will be fixed.

I've cleaned everyting up in HTML tidy and used the W3c validation service and yet IE still does not display the thumnails. Hmmm, can you please take another loook? I'd be grateful - thank you!

Also, there seem to be no transitions displayed in IE.

I've cleaned everyting up in HTML tidy and used the W3c validation service and yet IE still does not display the thumnails.

Try clearing your browser's cache before reloading the gallery. The thumbnail dots are now displayed in IE9 on my PC whereas they did not previously.

Also, there seem to be no transitions displayed in IE.

It looks like you may have found a bug. Removing the <script> which loads jQuery solves the problem (but then your page's resizing method will no longer function). This seems to happen only in Internet Explorer (not Safari 5.1.5, Chrome 18 or Firefox 12).
I will log a bug report. Thank you for reporting.

Bug has been logged and will be fixed in next version: "Loading jQuery breaks gallery in IE9"

Hi,
do you know when this bug will be fixed? You mention "next release", do you have an approx. timing for this?
Thanks, Peter

The 'Loading jQuery breaks gallery in IE9' bug was fixed in v1.0.1. (See the Juicebox - Version History for details.)
Instructions for 'Upgrading Juicebox' can be found here.