Topic: where do you install files (showkase upgrade to Juicebox Pro) [SOLVED]

I use the showkase software and I am trying to upgrade it with Juicebox Pro
Questions:   You say in your support information about upgrading to Juicebox Pro at your page https://showkase.net/support/#pro-install  to “Upload the Juicebox-Pro viewer files to the appropriate folder in your Showkase site”…. You then go on to speak about the  jbcore folder "Upload the Pro jbcore folder, replacing: admin/plugins/juicebox/master/jbcore."
1. What IS the appropriate place to put the files into??? Should I place it at the root along side where put I the showkase folder? (I wondered if it needed to be in the admin/plugins/juicebox folder?)
2. Should I just put all the contents of the juicbox_pro_1.5.1 folder there or should I just put the contents of the web folder there?
3. I previously found that Juicebox did not work on my MacBook pro desktop . Do I need to install Juicbox onto my computer or can I get away with only putting the web files up to my website hosting to enable the full facilities of showkase?
4. In other words do I need to put the .air file and the lightroom-plugin up to my website or install it on the computer despite the fact that I can’t use it there?
I know everyones website is different but I just need to know where the files are meant to be in relation to the showkase folder , files and root please. I need to have the juicebox pro in order to get attribute of my showkase pro working.

My site is currently being built at seanodwyer.com
with thanks

Re: where do you install files (showkase upgrade to Juicebox Pro) [SOLVED]

Here are more detailed instructions on how to upgrade Showkase to use Juicebox-Pro.

(1) Extract the Juicebox-Pro zip file ('juicebox_pro_1.5.1.zip').
The folder you will need to use is the 'jbcore' folder in this location: 'juicebox_pro_151/web/jbcore'.
If you have created a Juicebox-Pro gallery on your computer with either JuiceboxBuilder-Pro or the Juicebox-Pro Plugin for Lightroom, then you can use the 'jbcore' folder inside your gallery folder (it will be identical to the 'jbcore' folder inside the sample 'web' gallery folder).

(2) Upload the entire 'jbcore' from Step #1 above (not just its contents) to your Showkase site's 'showkase/admin/plugins/juicebox/master/' directory, overwriting the existing 'jbcore' folder in that location. (Either delete the existing 'jbcore' folder first ('showkase/admin/plugins/juicebox/master/jbcore') or ensure that your FTP program is set to overwrite existing files.)

(3) Republish your site (by clicking the 'Publish' button) to upgrade all Juicebox gallery pages throughout your Showkase site to the version of Juicebox that you have used in the procedure above.

4. In other words do I need to put the .air file and the lightroom-plugin up to my website or install it on the computer despite the fact that I can’t use it there?

Just to clarify, the only folder you need to upload from the Juicebox-Pro zip package is the 'jbcore' folder from the sample 'web' gallery. There is no need to upload any other files (such as the 'JuiceboxBuilder-Pro.air' file or the 'adobe-lightroom-plugin' folder).

I hope this helps.

Edit:
I've just taken a look at your website and notice that you currently use Showkase-Pro v1.7.4.
Showkase-Pro already includes Juicebox-Pro and  v1.7.4 is the latest version (please see the Version History page for details) which comes bundled with the latest version of Juicebox-Pro (v1.5.1) so your site already uses Juicebox-Pro v1.5.1 and there is no need to follow the Installing Juicebox-Pro instructions. These instructions are for Showkase-Standard users who purchase Juicebox-Pro separately (or users who have an older version of Showkase-Pro and want to upgrade Juicebox-Pro within it).
We include the Juicebox-Pro download link in your Showkase-Pro purchase so that you can use JuiceboxBuilder-Pro and the Juicebox-Pro Plugin for Lightroom (in addition to Showkase).

thanks Steven@Juicebox the problem I'm having is that I am not getting some of the showkase changes working for me . In this case its the colour I have set for navigation links .... they don't seem to be coming through when I publish. I assumed this was because Juicebox Pro was not uploaded to my website (I only uploaded Showkase Pro)

I'm not sure if you are referring to navigation links within the Showkase menu (on all pages including Juicebox gallery pages but not actually within Juicebox galleries themselves) or navigation links within Juicebox galleries (perhaps embedded within image captions).

Juicebox has its own color configuration options (in each gallery page) which are independent of the Showkase color settings (in 'Site -> Customize Theme').
The text color for all Juicebox gallery text can be found in the 'Lite Viewer Options' section of each gallery page.
(You can set default values for all subsequently generated galleries in 'Site -> Customize Viewers' if you like.)

If you change any Showkase colors (in 'Site -> Customize Theme -> Color Palette'), be sure to set 'Site -> Customize Theme -> Color Scheme' to 'custom' to use the custom color palette settings.

I hope these notes help,
However, if you continue to experience difficulties, please post back with the URL to the web page in question and let me know exactly what links you are referring to and I should hopefully be able to let you know how to change their color.

Steven@juicebox : That advice has sorted me out and done the job perfectly. I had no idea about this detail...  Great Stuff , thanks a million for your help.

I'm glad to hear that you've got things sorted out.
Thank you very much for letting me know.