Topic: using juicebox with wix

hi,

i am building a html5 wix site and i would like to use your juicebox gallery instead of their offered  galleries... (they are horrible) is this possible to do?

how would i go about embedding juicebox into my site? i dont know how to upload my photos onto wix so that the juicebox gallery images know where to come from.... could you please give me step by step directions?? i am going to try this out, make sure it works then buy two juicebox pros for my two websites.

also, when using the juicebox builder: trying to upload my images into the builder, it only uploads/processes some of my images and i cant figure out why? they are all under 300k and they are all jpegs

thank you so much!!!!! i LOVE JUICEBOX!!

Re: using juicebox with wix

please respond as soon as possible....

i would really like to use juice box with wix and have been trying to code it all day without results.....PLEASE HELP!

In order to embed a Juicebox gallery you will need to be able to do two things:
(1) Upload your gallery folder to a publicly accessible web server
(2) Embed the gallery in a web page

According to this Wix forum thread:

Wix doesn't have FTP . We only host the documents that are created by our users.

You can't upload external files to Wix.

Therefore, you would not be able to upload your gallery folder to Wix and would need to find an alternative web host. If you do not have web space with a regular web host, then a suitable web host for a Juicebox gallery would be Dropbox.

To upload your gallery folder to Dropbox:
(1) Download and install the Dropbox client program (from the link above)
(2) Run the install program and sign up for a free Dropbox account
(3) Create your Juicebox gallery with the method of your choice (e.g. JuiceboxBuilder)
(4) Drag and drop the entire gallery folder into the 'Public' folder within the newly created Dropbox folder on your computer
(5) Navigate towards your gallery's 'index.html' file (within 'username/Dropbox/Public/gallery_folder/'), right-click it and select 'Dropbox -> Copy public link'

To embed your gallery in your Wix web page, insert an <iframe> whose 'src' attribute points towards the 'index.html' page within your gallery folder (the URL you copied in Step #5 above if using Dropbox), e.g.:

<iframe src="URL_to_gallery_index_page" width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

For information on using an <iframe> within Wix (as an HTML Widget), please see this web page.

also, when using the juicebox builder: trying to upload my images into the builder, it only uploads/processes some of my images and i cant figure out why? they are all under 300k and they are all jpegs

I will contact you via email with an email address where you can send me some sample images that JuiceboxBuilder fails to process, if you like, so that I can investigate further. Thank you.

thank you so much! i got it to work!

is there any way to do this using the baseUrl way so i can get into expand mode or is this not possible?

thank you so much for your help!

The baseUrl method of embedding will work only if your gallery files are hosted on the same domain as the page containing the baseUrl JavaScript embedding code. This is due to the JavaScript same origin policy security restriction. Please see this web page for further details.
If using Dropbox as a host for your Juicebox gallery, it is not possible to use the baseUrl method of embedding in a Wix page and an <iframe> must be used instead. The <iframe> method of embedding works because it loads the gallery's 'index.html' page (the page containing the JavaScript embedding code) which is on the same domain as the other gallery files inside the gallery folder.