Topic: Juicebox Error: Config XML file not found.

Hi Guys,

Been using Simpleviewer Pro for quite a while and thought I'd make the jump to Juicebox for futureproofing (HTML5 etc...)
And naturally I've had what seems to be a basic issue that the FAQ deals with.
The problem is that the FAQ doesn't deal with it.

When I view my gallery I see the message 'Config XML file not found'. How do I fix this?

This message means that Juicebox cannot find the config.xml file that describes the gallery. Make sure the config.xml file is in the gallery folder. Check Troubleshooting Pathing Problems.

Yep. Done that. It's definitely in the folder where I saved the gallery. I told it to create a new folder on the desktop for testing and that's where is is along with the index file and the images, jbcore and thumbs folders.

Troubleshooting Pathing Problems

Most errors when embedding Juicebox arise from incorrectly specified paths to the assets required by Juicebox (either the XML file or the images and thumbnails).

I have no control over these. I just dropped the images into the app and expected it to figure out where they were. There's no place to enter file paths to the images anyway and even if there were they'd be wrong because that'll change when I upload it or copy it to somewhere else on a drive. Don't understand this one really.

Check your image paths and filenames exactly match the names specified in the config file.

I didn't create the config file. I don't know how to check this. Why do I need to ?

Most web servers are Case Sensitive. This means the letter cases in the filename must exactly match those in the XML document (for example ".jpg" is not the same as ".JPG").

It's not on a web server but point taken.

Relative paths are relative to the HTML document that embeds the Juicebox gallery.
Use forward slashes (/) not back slashes when specifying paths.
A URL beginning with a forward slash is relative to the root of the website. A URL without a leading slash is relative to the current folder.

It's just in a folder on the desktop. Why can't it find the file ?

As you're gathering from this I really have no clue about anything other than using the GUI for the app.
My days of programming ceased when the 6502A was no longer a mainstream processor for home computers.
I run the app, drag and drop my pics, decide what parameters I want and save it. I then double-click the html file to make sure it looks OK in a variety of browsers but it's not working in any of them. Chrome for the stated reasons in the FAQ. It doesn't work when the "show in browser" is ticked either.
And of course there's nothing else on the website that might give me a clue apart from the FAQ and I've demonstrated that it has not helped.
I realise that it's early days for this software but I honestly did expect it work out of the box so to speak. Simpleviewer has operated flawlessly for me and I'm a bit disappointed to have run into a show-stopper with Juicebox this quickly.

Is it possible that one of you knowledgeable peeps out there can offer a solution that my failing brain can get around ?

DtD

Re: Juicebox Error: Config XML file not found.

I do not know why your gallery created with JuiceboxBuilder does not work. I have not encountered this scenario before.
It would certainly help if I were to see the gallery and examine the files.
Would it be possible for you to either upload the gallery and post the URL or zip the gallery folder and upload that instead?
Thank you.

3 (edited by Anton 2012-06-02 17:25:45)

Juicebox Error: Config XML file not found.

Got same error. 

Make sure the config.xml file is in the gallery folder

Should it be in /wp-content/uploads in case of WordPress?
If there is no any what shoud I do? Why this file is not generated?

@Anton

Should it be in /wp-content/uploads in case of WordPress?

When creating galleries with WP-Juicebox, the XML files are stored in the 'wp-content/uploads/juicebox/' folder.
The XML files take the form '[gallery_id].xml'.
Make sure that your WordPress installation has a 'wp-content/uploads/juicebox/' folder and that it has been given full access permissions (777).
Also, make sure that all the other requirements for WP-Juicebox are met.

If you continue to experience difficulties, please post the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look.

5 (edited by Anton 2012-07-07 17:57:54)

@Steven thank you for your answer.

First of all sorry for posting in the wrong forum. I do not own paid (Pro) version yet.

>the XML files are stored in the 'wp-content/uploads/juicebox/' folder.
Checked

> /juicebox/' full access permissions (777).
Checked

>other requirements for WP-Juicebox are met.
Checked. Although not sure how to check "PHP DOM extension enabled"

Here is the example page: http://www.kutovadesign.com

Update. Issue has been handled. Thank you for your help.

Although not sure how to check "PHP DOM extension enabled"

Create a new file named 'phpinfo.php' containing the following code:

<?php
    phpinfo();
?>

Upload it to your web server, open the page in a browser and search for the DOM section.
However, this is not the problem.

Your website URL is http://www.kutovadesign.com/juicebox/
However, your XML file is stored on: http://media.kutovadesign.com/
All Juicebox files should be stored on the same domain (or subdomain).

7 (edited by Anton 2012-06-06 12:12:22)

However, your XML file is stored on: http://media.kutovadesign.com/
All Juicebox files should be stored on the same domain (or subdomain).

I do see config XML file in "wp-content/uploads/juicebox/"
We are using WordPress plugin W3 Total Cache + Amazon CloudFront CDN for speed increase.
I guess I have to setup somehow that "config XML" would not be fetched by CDN (media.ourdomain.com)

I do see config XML file in "wp-content/uploads/juicebox/"

Yes, but the full path to your gallery's XML file is: http://media.kutovadesign.com/wp-conten … ebox/5.xml which is a different domain to URL you quoted for the page into which the gallery is embedded.
(Did you change the path to the uploads folder in the WordPress Dashboard 'Settings -> Media' section?)
If you visit: http://media.kutovadesign.com/juicebox/ you will see your gallery (as the page's domain matches that of the XML file).