Topic: Lightroom plugin export fails silently

I successfully used the Lightroom plugin for JB-pro to produce a gallery that I'm satisfied with.  So I created another collection; then tweaked a few settings (gallery title, moved the title from right to left, changed height from 100% to 95%, added folder name to the custom caption, I don't recall if anything else different).  Then when I export, it prompts for where to save the gallery and the name. Once I hit ok, I get a progress bar that says preparing for export.  When that progress is done, there is no sign that it is doing anything at all, when it should be doing the export.  The export destination folder has config.xml, index.html and a jbcore folder (no images, nor thumbs folders)

I've restared Lightroom and the computer with no change.  I'm using LR 6 classic.

What other info can help diagnose?

Re: Lightroom plugin export fails silently

That's very strange.
I've never known this to happen and, as far as I can recall, no-one has reported such a problem before.
It is also strange that the plugin used to work fine for you but now does not.
Changing gallery configuration options should have no bearing on the image export process.

What happens if you try to export a gallery using a different web engine such as Classic Gallery or Grid Gallery (one of the default web engines)? Are the images exported successfully when using these web engines? Is the problem just with the Juicebox web engine?

If you find that the problem happens with all web engines, then I would suggest reinstalling Lightroom itself to see if this helps.

If the problem happens only with the Juicebox web engine, then perhaps you could zip your incomplete gallery folder's 'index.html' and 'config.xml' files and attach them to a post (or upload them somewhere and provide a download link) so that I can check them out. Maybe there are clues within the exported HTML and XML files as to why the export process has been incomplete. Also, with access to your gallery's 'config.xml' file, I should be able to see your gallery's configuration options and can then try to replicate the problem myself using the same options.

Thank you.

Could you take a look at the attached .7z archive containing config.xml, index.html and the jbcore subdirectory.  If you can find anything that looks like it might cause trouble, I would be grateful.

I find that the same kind of failure (all html files, no images) happens sometimes with the galleries that came with LR,as well.  Less often with the stock galleries, but it still happens sometimes.

• The number of images does seem to make a difference, in that if there are only a few images to test, the export works, but with a few thousand images, it fails.

• I've tried narrowing it down to a specific image by exporting first half of the ones I want, then the second half.  I've spent a lot of time with such narrowing, but all individual images work, but when there is a group of even a few hundred from one day, the export fails.

• I'm using LR 6.14 (I guess this is classic).

• I've also optimized the catalog, restarted LR, rebooted the computer, selected only images (no video).

• I have reconnected all missing images.

Something must be corrupted somewhere, but how to even tell what?

Could I from the Library module of LR export the full size images to the images folder and small versions to the thumbs folder?  Would JB-Pro's html work with that?

Could you take a look at the attached .7z archive containing config.xml, index.html and the jbcore subdirectory.

There's no file attached to your post.
I've just checked and, unfortunately, the forum software does not allow .zip or .7z files to be attached to posts. Sorry about that. (It accepts mostly image and text files.)
Perhaps you could upload your .7z file somewhere else (perhaps your own web server or a file sharing service such as Dropbox or Google Drive) and provide a download link. Thank you.

I find that the same kind of failure (all html files, no images) happens sometimes with the galleries that came with LR,as well.

This certainly suggests that the problem lies with core Lightroom functionality rather that something specific to the Juicebox web engine.

The number of images does seem to make a difference, in that if there are only a few images to test, the export works, but with a few thousand images, it fails.

If the problem happens consistently when you try to export a few thousand images, then it sounds like Lightroom might be reaching some kind of internal limit (or maybe even a system limit such as memory).
Unfortunately, it sounds like there is little that we can do with regard to the Juicebox plugin to solve your problem as it happens elsewhere, too.
Also, I notice that you are using the latest version of Lightroom CC 6 (6.14). If the problem is a bug in Lightroom CC 6.14, then there are no further upgrades for Lightroom CC 6 and the next step up would be Lightroom Classic CC 7 (but I do not know if this will help).

I've found a couple of forum thread online which might be somewhat relevant to your problem (or at least help to explain what might be going on).

The first thread is a report of Lightroom CC 6.14 maxing out system memory so I guess this might also be what is happening with your scenario.
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photosho … out-memory

The second thread is a report of Lightroom CC 6 not exporting all selected images. (There are suggestions to close Adobe Bridge and any other programs which might be monitoring the output directory.)
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photosho … ted-images

I do not know if the information contained in these threads will help but it is almost certainly a Lightroom issue (rather than an issue specific to the Juicebox plugin) and the only thing I can suggest is that you try upgrading Lightroom if you can (although I realise that there are no further upgrades for Lightroom CC 6 and the next step up would be Lightroom Classic CC 7).