Topic: max number of thumbnails?

Hi, I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I'm a new user of Juicebox-Lite, and I find that it looks pretty good, but I want to have a lot more thumbnails.  Is there a way to have 20 or maybe 50?  I realize the large image on the web page would then be more of a medium sized image. 
I also want clicking on the larger image (or somewhere) to open the full sized full resolution image in a separate browser tab.
Is there a way to fulfill both of those?
Should this be on the Juicebox-Pro forum?  (I will buy it if I'm assured of being able to do that!)

Re: max number of thumbnails?

Is there a way to have 20 or maybe 50?

This is possible only with Juicebox-Pro (but not Juicebox-Lite, the free version).

With Juicebox-Pro you can set the thumbsPosition (the position of the thumbnails: TOP, BOTTOM, LEFT or RIGHT) and maxThumbRows and maxThumbColumns.

When thumbsPosition is set to either LEFT or RIGHT, the number of thumbnail columns is fixed at the maxThumbColumns value whereas the number of thumbnail rows is variable (up to the maxThumbRows value) depending on the dimensions of the thumbnails and the space available in the user's browser.
Take a look at this demo gallery with 3 columns of thumbnails: https://www.juicebox.net/demos/pro/simp … umbRows=10

When thumbsPosition is set to either TOP or BOTTOM, the number of thumbnail rows is fixed at the maxThumbRows value whereas the number of thumbnail columns is variable (up to the maxThumbColumns value) depending on the dimensions of the thumbnails and the space available in the user's browser.
Take a look at this demo gallery with 3 rows of thumbnails: https://www.juicebox.net/demos/pro/simp … ion=CENTER

I also want clicking on the larger image (or somewhere) to open the full sized full resolution image in a separate browser tab.

With Juicebox-Pro, you can create a Multi-Size Image gallery.
The Medium images will be displayed in the gallery and the Large images will be displayed when the images are opened on pages of their own.
If you do not want a Multi-Size Image gallery, then you can assign a unique linkURL for each image (which you could point towards a large image).

Set imageClickMode="OPEN_URL" (in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro's 'Customize -> Main Image' section).
If the image has a linkURL associated with it, then, when the main image is clicked, the linkURL will be opened in the linkTarget window (_blank, _self, _parent or _top). Otherwise, the largeImageURL will be opened and, failing that, the imageURL (the actual image used in the gallery) will be opened.

In Juicebox-Lite, you can use the Open Image button. (In Juicebox-Lite, it is not possible to change the image click functionality.)
Set showOpenButton="TRUE" (on JuiceboxBuilder-Lite's 'Customize' tab) to display the Open Image button on the gallery's Button Bar.
You can set a linkURL and linkTarget (click an image's thumbnail on the 'Images' tab to reveal the input fields at the bottom of the window) for each image.
You'll need to provide the large images yourself and ensure that your linkURL entries point towards them (with either absolute or relative paths).

I hope this helps to clarify things.
Please let me know if you have any further queries.

Thank you, Steven!  I've been really hunting, and Juicebox is the first tool that will fulfill my needs (err, strong desires) in a gallery.  Maybe others will too, but I just can't tell for sure.

Take a look at this demo gallery with 3 rows of thumbnails: https://www.juicebox.net/demos/pro/simp … ion=CENTER

That gallery is what I want!
Can I add a page or screen number to it, like "Page 20 of 30" (if that 3x10 had 900 photos and I'm looking at the screen with number 600 on it?

If you do not want a Multi-Size Image gallery, then you can assign a unique linkURL for each image (which you could point towards a large image).

You'll need to provide the large images yourself and ensure that your linkURL entries point towards them (with either absolute or relative paths).

Yes, I'd rather not have multi-size, so would I have to do anything manually, or is assign a unique linkURL for each image something that an option tells Juicebox to do?

Should we move this to Juicebox-Pro?  I have not purchased, yet, but seems most of the answers require -Pro, and that's fine with me.

Can I add a page or screen number to it, like "Page 20 of 30"

Yes. Just set showPagingText="TRUE" (in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro's 'Customize -> Thumbnail' section).
Here's a sample gallery using this setting.

Yes, I'd rather not have multi-size, so would I have to do anything manually, or is assign a unique linkURL for each image something that an option tells Juicebox to do?

You would need to set the linkURL entries for your images (on JuiceboxBuilder's 'Images' tab) and provide (and upload to your web server) the images that your linkURL entries point towards.

A linkURL can be an absolute path (in the form http://www.example.com/images/image_0001.jpg) or a relative path (relative to the web page containing the gallery's embedding code).

Juicebox will automatically use the linkURL entries in the following scenarios:
(1) showOpenImageButton="TRUE" and the Open Image button is clicked (Lite and Pro).
(2) imageClickMode="TRUE" and the main image is clicked (Pro only).
(3) showDownloadButton="TRUE" and the Download Button is clicked (Pro Only).

Should we move this to Juicebox-Pro?

Don't worry about it. You are currently using Juicebox-Lite so your query is just fine here!

Thanks.  I'm going the pro version :)

That's great! I'm sure you'll get on well with Juicebox-Pro.
If you get stuck with anything, just post a new topic in the Pro forum and I'll do my best to help you out.